Website UT Health Tyler
DUTIES, ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work under the close supervision of registered nurses where they perform many of the same tasks as the nursing assistants.
- Utilize nursing knowledge and skills in the safe implementation of basic preventative therapeutic and rehabilitative nursing care of assigned patient/family as evidenced by documentation and observation of positive patient care outcomes.
- Perform delegated independent nursing functions using established procedures, policies, guidelines and standards as observed by the registered nurse.
- Administer medication accurately, observing patient response, as evidenced by documentation in the medical record and lack of negative outcomes.
- Maintain and coordinate communication among patient/significant other, staff and physician as evidenced within medical record, client and health care team feedback other duties as assigned
So what experience are we looking for in our Certified Clinical Medical Assistants?
- Graduate from an accredited Certified Clinical Medical Assistant
- 6 months medical clinic experience preferred
- Basic typing skills of 35 wpm
- Basic personal computer skills and comfort with Microsoft Windows operating system; database and word processing skills required
- Basic math skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Patient record documentation skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability to embrace the patient relationship to guide decisions and actions
- Medication administration. I.V. Therapy, or current Medical Assistant Certification.
- Demonstrates good team work
Certification and Licensure:
- Basic Life Support through American Heart Association or The Red Cross
- Comply with regulatory requirements, guidelines, and policies
Associated topics: assistant cvor, assistant psych, assistant surgery, assistant surgical, clinic, diagnostic, physician assistant, practice physician, urgent care, walk in
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.