This Company is one of the largest and most trusted Motorola partners offering
wireless communication solutions that enhance the safety, security and
efficiency of workplaces across the nation. Our customers trust us to provide
a portfolio of turn-key systems, products and services including two-way
radio, vehicle uplift, video and access control, BDA/DAS, remote monitoring,
GPS tracking, SCADA, dispatch, mass notification, and point-to-point wireless
communications. Our more than 18,000 customers span industries such as public
safety, commercial, education, healthcare, utilities and government.
A component of our business that embodies the company advantage is our service
first DNA culture. Service isn t just a motto for us, it s an integral part of
who we are and goes beyond our customers to our employees, partners,
shareholder and communities. With more than 800 employees and almost 70
locations throughout 10 states, we are here when you need us the
We are building a team of people who share our core values of service first,
collaboration, trust and engagement. We take our work and our customers
seriously and believe that our best work can also be fun. When you join our
team, you join our family!
Do you love wiring cars or working with electronics while supporting law enforcement and first responders? Do you have
one (1) or more years of experience installing car radios, car alarms, body
work and more in a fast-paced shop or related experience?
The individual in this role must be able to
demonstrate proficiency with installations of mobile and fixed wireless radio
equipment consistent with manufacturer and company guidelines.
* Connect electrical fittings, drill holes, soldering and perform all physical tasks associated with modifying vehicles for the acceptance of emergency-related equipment
* Install electrical wiring, antenna systems, route antenna, data, and power cabling, and apply a variety of electrical connectors.
* Disassemble and reassemble trim, seats, lights, headliners, and carpet in motor vehicles, heavy equipment, and/or any other type equipment in order to properly route wiring and install equipment.
* Troubleshoot and diagnose problems with equipment as necessary
* Complete installations for diverse range of vehicle makes and models, including sedans, SUVs, commercial trucks, buses, motorcycles, ATVs.
* Maintain safe, clean, and orderly tools and work area
* Continuous learning in new products, skills techniques from colleagues and manufacturers
* Complete all required paperwork and documentation
* Maintain customer confidence by keeping service information confidential.
* Must possess a High School Diploma or GED (Associate Degree Preferred) with at least 2 years of technical experience, or a combination of related education / experience.
* Willingness to learn new technologies in public safety communications and equipment
* Experience in or basic knowledge of installation and troubleshooting two-way radios, sirens, warning lights, and other public safety vehicular equipment is preferred.
* Ability to succeed in an often fast-paced environment, establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
* Must be able to interact and communicate professionally.
* Proven track record of reliability and responsibility.
* High level of integrity.
* Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid
*PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: *
While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel
objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or
hear, utilize personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to potentially
hazardous materials, lift (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending,
frequently utilize near vision use for reading and computer use; be able to
handle semi-frequent stressful conditions (cardiovascular), frequently work in
outdoor weather conditions, frequently move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds,
occasionally ascend / descend a ladder, operate a motor vehicle, frequently
position self to maintain computers or other equipment as needed.
No Direct Reports
*TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: *
Must have the ability to travel as needed. Some overnight travel may be expected.
We’re partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That’s the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: av vtc, camera, cinematographer, examiner, radio, sound editor, technical, technician, video, video teleconference
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.