Website Dish Network
At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America’s first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Working with key Engineering and Operations Teams, the successful candidate will provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) support with RU and RAN/vRAN/ORAN technologies. Will lead the development of operational and assurance standards guaranteeing radio access networks meet or exceed design specifications. Will analyze service and system issues, determine root-cause for failure and develop corrective actions. Corrective actions can range from configuration changes to developing new operational procedures. Will contribute to on-going process improvement reviews using Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics to eliminate errors, maximize hardware/software efficiencies and increase service up-time leading to an overall excellent customer experience.
- Participates in vendor engineering reviews of hardware/software development in lab Proof of Concept environments.
- Provides lead support with Market Teams to troubleshoot/resolve complex issues with deployed RF and RAN systems.
- Engages and escalates issues with vendors when critical/time sensitive support and resolution is needed.
- Develops key metrics for performance monitoring and service assurance.
- Coordinates proposed changes with Certification Lab(s) for validation.
- Will produce updated technical specifications of system changes and provide a comprehensive plan for release.
- Ensures solutions meet key criteria for CI/CD, system orchestration and automation.
- Works with technical writers/engineers to document final process configurations and MOPs to support Field Operations.
- This position may provide on-call support on a rotational basis.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- Has a passion for working on new technologies in a fast-paced and frequently changing environment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization through conventional methods (verbal and written).
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with technical and non-technical teams.
- This position requires working with a computer (keyboard/mouse), telephone, and portable devices.
- This position may require 25% travel supporting Market Operations.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Extensive understanding in 5G ORAN split functions (7-2x, RU, DU, CU, CP, UP…)
- Extensive understanding and experience in RAN/vRAN software architectures in a virtualized environment.
- Extensive understanding of RF Radio operations over eCPRI interfaces. Includes CSR, DU and timing configurations.
- Extensive understanding of software systems/services running virtualized ORAN functions.
- Understanding of latency considerations and issues from gNB to Data Center locations.
- Understanding and experience with virtualized networks, orchestration and automation across a large network architecture.
- Thorough understanding of vRAN/ORAN architecture described in 3GPP standards (Rel 15 & 16).
- BS or MS in Engineering or technical degree or an equivalent combination of highly related experience and education.
- 10+ years experience in the wireless industry
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft products, Project, and database tools.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Must be self-motivated, able to manage simultaneous events efficiently
- Able to achieve goals by working professionally with other team members.
Compensation: $87,500.00/Year – $125,000.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website .
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.
Associated topics: equipment, ip, maintain, maintenance, network, satcom, satellite, server, system specialist, technician
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.