Purpose of Job
Coaches and mentors agile delivery roles at the team and program levels including Scrum Masters, Product Owners, team members, Release Train Engineers, Product Managers, Architect stakeholders and managers/directors to apply agile principles, practices and frameworks in order to deliver compliant high value business capabilities. Serves as a subject matter expert on fundamental agile practices in Scrum and Kanban, dev ops and applications of principles as needed. Begins to cultivate a specialty field of coaching (portfolio, delivery, business, dev ops, etc.) Embraces servant leadership and displays behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with being agile and the culture shift at USAA. Identifies opportunities for continuous operational and/or team improvements.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we’ve been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For , and we’ve ranked among Victory Media’s Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers – Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Delivers hands-on coaching to individuals, teams, and/or programs in all aspects of Scrum and Kanban, including but not limited to daily routines, self-organization, collaboration, iterative development, managing flow and limiting work in progress (WIP).
- Drives continuous improvement to create higher performing programs and teams, including guiding and influencing the use of key metrics and diagnostics for improvement and decision making.
- Leads in the creation and delivery of Agile training for business and IT resources in alignment with USAA standards and procedures.
- Advances best practices in Scrum, Kanban and Scaled Agile Framework.
- Develops and maintains stakeholder relationships supporting agile product development.
- Remains informed about corporate policies and procedures, practices, industry trends and best practices concerning Agile.
- Works with individuals, teams, and programs to discover their needs, while ensuring alignment with the organizational strategy.
- Trains and mentors Agile Coach candidates.
- Works within the Agile communities of practice to improve processes and engagements.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6+ years of experience performing in multiple Agile roles, to include 4+ years of experience as an Agile Coach or working in a similar role in a lean or scrum environment.
- Strong business acumen and advanced knowledge of the software development lifecycle and methodologies.
- Advanced understanding of Agile risk management practices and Lean-Agile methodologies, practices, and tools (i.e. Jira/Rally).
- Demonstrated ability to influence change at the leadership level and team level.
- Previous experience in Product Ownership, as a Scrum Master or with the agile methodology, enabling enterprise-wide Agile transformation.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Prior experience working with Financial Institutions, Financial Services or other regulated industries.
- Prior experience providing Agile training curricula for all roles – Product Owner, Scrum Master and Team
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 10/08/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Associated topics: .net, application developer, architect, backend, design, expert, perl, php, senior software developer, software engineer lead
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.