Website Central City Concern
Since 1979, the Portland community has trusted Central City Concern (CCC) to help people create meaningful, long-term change. We serve more than 13,000 people experiencing or at risk of homelessness annually with affordable and supportive housing, person-centered health care, addiction recovery, and employment assistance. By providing health care, housing, and jobs, CCC is ending homelessness in Portland and helping people achieve their highest potential.
The Assistant Community Manager will assist the Lead Community Manager in the day-to-day operation of the properties, assist in supervising site-based staff, and is a key contributor to the properties’ successful financial and mission performance. This position works closely with the Lead Community Manager and Resident Services staff, other agency programs, and outside program partners to promote and preserve community well-being and positive tenant and program outcomes.
The Assistant Community Manager will assist in overseeing unit turnovers and general quality of the physical environment, supports tenant move-ins and move-outs; assist in unit and property inspections; assist the Lead Community Manager in coordinating routine and emergency maintenance; assist the Lead Community Manager to properly prepare and serve legal notices and filings; coordinates with Resident Services, Maintenance, Janitorial staff, and other agency partners; contributes to asset management functions; and does other work as needed in support of CCC’s operations and mission.
Day Shift – Thursday 12pm-8:30pm
Graveyard Shift – Friday – Monday 11pm-7:30am
- Closely coordinate Residents, Housing Staff, Resident Services, and community partners to maximize community well-being and property performance.
- Attend regular meetings between the Lead Community Manager, Resident Services, community partners, and other site staff.
- Assist in the supervision of site-based staff.
- Regularly inspect properties and units for stability, cleanliness, and safety.
- Become familiar with the activities, programs, and mission of CCC.
- Assist in preparing assigned reports accurately and punctually.
- Assist with screening all potential housing applicants and coordinate with Resident Supportive Services staff.
- Work closely with Lead Community Manager to prepare and review files of new residents to ensure paperwork is complete and accurate, including Tax Credit income certifications.
- Assist eviction proceedings as needed.
- Work with maintenance, pest control, paint, and janitorial staff to maintain high-quality physical maintenance of the property
- Work with outside vendors to ensure the best quality and value for the portfolio.
- Maximize successful occupancy of the portfolio; coordinate tenant move-ins with the Lead Community Manager and Resident Services.
- Complete move-out documents, perform unit move-out inspections and expedite unit turnovers with the maintenance department.
- Participate in unit turnovers to ensure continuing quality control and timeliness.
- Assist in issuing notices for lease and community rule violations.
- Assist with collecting rent, banking, and other occupancy documents.
- Complete Occupancy reports for Housing and Accounting.
- Respond to building emergencies as needed.
- Provide backup janitorial and minor maintenance services as needed.
- Maintain computerized data records and documentation of each tenant/client transitioning from Medford into permanent/non-transitional housing.
- Assist with proper HMIS paperwork at tenant recertification.
- Ability to work as a team member and establish priorities; display a non-judgmental attitude and willingness to learn new skills.
- Adhere to all state and federal privacy and security regulations applicable to the program and CCC policies and agreements regarding confidentiality, privacy, and security. This includes immediately reporting any breach of protected health information or personal identifying information of any person receiving CCC services by CCC or an outside provider to the CCC Compliance Department, as well as to your supervisor or their designee
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 2 years experience in property management with knowledge of financial & project management concepts.
- Working knowledge of landlord-tenant law.
- Firm understanding of Fair Housing regulations, Low-Income Housing Tax Credit programs, and various subsidy programs.
- Experience in community development and working in multicultural organizations and communities is a significant plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mental health diagnosis and chemical dependency desirable.
- Central City Concern is committed to a drug-free workplace that encourages a safe, healthy, and productive work environment and strictly complies with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988. An employee shall not, in the workplace, unlawfully manufacture, distribute, dispense, possess or use a controlled substance or alcohol.
- Will be required to carry an agency cell phone for work use. A cell phone will be provided by Central City Concern.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Must generally be able to walk, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects, operate mechanical equipment, and climb stairs, with reasonable or no accommodation.
- If using a vehicle for agency use, must possess a current driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and qualify as an Acceptable Driver designated in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety policy. Must pass an initial driver’s trainingwithin 60 days of being an approved driverand continued recertification training. Must maintain vehicle insurance coverage of a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 personal auto liability coverage.
- Must adhere to agency non-discrimination policies.
- Applicant must be able to work in all CCC buildings. Some CCC buildings have restrictions due to criminal background and/or active probation and parole.
Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees!
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match of 4.25% in your 1styear, 6% in the 2nd year, and 8% in your 3rd year!
- 10 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short-Term Disability, AND Long-Term Disability Insurance!
- Sabbatical Program offering extended time off at years 7, 14, and 21.
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required for the position.
Central City Concern is a second-chance employer and complies with applicable laws regarding consideration of criminal background for employment purposes. Government regulations, contractual requirements, or the duties of this particular job may require CCC to conduct a background check and take appropriate action to address prior criminal convictions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Associated topics: administrator, asset manager, office manager, property, property administrator, property assistant, property management, property manager, property operator, property specialist
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.