Website Viking River Cruises
Founded in 1997, Viking is the world’s leading small ship travel company, exploring more than 20 rivers, five oceans, five great lakes and all seven continents. Offering destination-focused experiences for curious travelers, Viking has amassed more than 250 awards and was recently voted the #1 River Cruise Line and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line by Cond Nast Traveler in the publication’s 2021 Readers’ Choice Awards.
You now have an opportunity to join one of the most acclaimed and fastest-growing hospitality brands as it expands in the United States.
In summer2022, Viking will launch its new, highly-anticipated Mississippi River cruises and will introduce the most luxurious ship ever built for the river, the 386-guest Viking Mississippi . Sailing on board the elegant new ship, you will dock in the heart of iconic cities that line the river; during your free time, you will be just footsteps from exploring the fascinating places that stretch from New Orleans all the way north to St. Paul.
At Viking, we offer great pay and great benefits-including a Swiss-developed training program and a work schedule that provides up to 13 weeks off each year. With all of your living expenses covered during work weeks-including lodging, meals, Wi-Fi, travel to/from the ship, uniforms & laundry-you have the unique chance to save more of your pay than in most other restaurant or hospitality positions. Being a valued member of the Viking family, you join a close-knit, supportive group of colleagues-many of whom form lifelong working relationships and friendships. And, with training from the industry leader, you will receive the skills, knowledge and tools to be successful-as well as abundant opportunities for advancement. Regardless of where you are on your career journey, Viking can help you in reaching new destinations.
Multiple positions open for immediate hiring; earn up to $46,500annually
A VIKING LEADERSHIP ROLE
As a Viking Shipboard Leader, you represent Viking’s values and leadership philosophy ( H vam l ). You are a hospitality professional who demonstrates passion for excellence, who takes ownership for your areas of responsibility, and who believes in empowering your team with the skills, knowledge and tools to succeed. You are an exceptional role model for the Viking Family and have strong motivation to achieve the company’s goals and objectives. You are flexible, stress resistant, focused, and a truly committed team member.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- – The Assistant Cook prepares delicious meals for our Guests and Crew, according to the various recipes as set out by the Executive Chef.
– You are required to have basic culinary skills that can be applied in any section of the kitchen operation.
– It is your responsibility to maintain a friendly, guest-oriented service culture to ensure Guest satisfaction and repeat business, which in turn, will increase revenue and profitability of the company.
Prepare basic food items as per recipes and instructions received from the relevant Supervisor.
- – Ensure that the allocated station is well kept and maintain impeccable standards of cleanliness, as per Viking’s STAR Service Standards.
– Ensure economical work practices and control food production to minimize and/or avoid wastage.
– Ensure that food preparations/storage are in line with all Public Health Policies and Company Regulations and enforce & maintain “clean as you go” work habits.
– Separate & remove garbage and place it in designated containers; clean garbage as often as needed, ensuring those separation procedures and all Public Health Standards are maintained.
Ensure mise-en-place for all areas of responsibility are prepared 15 minutes prior to service.
- – Participate in “The Daily Reunion” every day to understand your team’s operational needs and to ensure consistent adherence to Viking’s STAR Service Standards.
– Ensure you always wear the appropriate and task specific Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for your duties onboard. Always use correct lifting techniques to prevent injuries.
– Uphold impeccable grooming standards at all times by complying with Viking’s Image and Uniform Standards.
– Ensure that company property is appropriately secured and protected, especially during rough weather conditions, in order to prevent unnecessary loss or damage.
– Demonstrates outstanding flexibility: able to work at different times of the day, under pressure and reflect a positive can-do attitude and the best image of Viking at all times.
– Have strong motivation to achieve the company goals and objectives (quality and financial) for the Culinary Department.
– Have full knowledge about safety & security procedures and can operate in line with all Public Health, Environmental and Safety & Security Policies; participate in all training concerning onboard training, safety & security, fire prevention, evacuation exercises as required by the company.
– Demonstrate the ability to work in any section assigned by the relevant Supervisor – the assigned section can change at any given moment.
This document describes the primary activities, duties and responsibilities of this position. Your manager or supervisor may assign additional duties and responsibilities to you.
Associated topics: cocinero de la preparacion, commercial, complimentary, cook, cutter, kitchen, line cook, persona de parilla, prep, station
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.