Website Viking River Cruises
Founded in 1997, Viking is the world’s leading small ship travel company, exploring more than 20 rivers, five oceans, five great lakes and all seven continents. Offering destination-focused experiences for curious travelers, Viking has amassed more than 250 awards and was recently voted the #1 River Cruise Line and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line by Cond Nast Traveler in the publication’s 2021 Readers’ Choice Awards.
You now have an opportunity to join one of the most acclaimed and fastest-growing hospitality brands as it expands in the United States.
In summer2022, Viking will launch its new, highly-anticipated Mississippi River cruises and will introduce the most luxurious ship ever built for the river, the 386-guest Viking Mississippi . Sailing on board the elegant new ship, you will dock in the heart of iconic cities that line the river; during your free time, you will be just footsteps from exploring the fascinating places that stretch from New Orleans all the way north to St. Paul.
At Viking, we offer great pay and great benefits-including a Swiss-developed training program and a work schedule that provides up to 13 weeks off each year. With all of your living expenses covered during work weeks-including lodging, meals, Wi-Fi, travel to/from the ship, uniforms & laundry-you have the unique chance to save more of your pay than in most other restaurant or hospitality positions. Being a valued member of the Viking family, you join a close-knit, supportive group of colleagues-many of whom form lifelong working relationships and friendships. And, with training from the industry leader, you will receive the skills, knowledge and tools to be successful-as well as abundant opportunities for advancement. Regardless of where you are on your career journey, Viking can help you in reaching new destinations.
Multiple positions open for immediate hiring; earn up to $81,900annually
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- – The Baker assists the Head Baker to control and maintain the timely production of bakery goods, ensuring that quality standards and procedures are in line with the Company’s Rules & Regulations and STAR Service Standards.
– You are required to have advanced professional baking skills.
– It is your responsibility to ensure safe, quality pastry production, to create a friendly, guest-oriented service culture to ensure Guest satisfaction and repeat business, which in turn, will increase revenue and profitability of the company.
- – Ensure that all menus, recipes, methods and specifications are adhered to, immediately rectifying any discrepancies; undertake regular recipe reviews.
– Manage all bread productions at breakfast, lunch and dinner in all outlets, in terms of quality & freshness, and in accordance with the recipes provided by the Corporate Office ; demonstrate the ability to master bread decorations for various buffet themes and/or special occasions, as required by the Executive Chef and/or the Executive Pastry Chef.
– Regularly communicate with the Provisions Team to utilize highly perishable food items and check fresh produce chillers, to avoid shortages during the cruise.
– Ensure that bakery personnel transport their provisions with the correct utensils, from the storeroom to their respective outlets; countercheck daily Storeroom deliveries, for accuracy.
– Provide the necessary guidance/training and information to the assigned section to maximize productivity & operations.
– Ensure economical work practices and control food production to minimize and/or avoid wastage.
– Ensure that food preparations/storage are in line with all Public Health Policies and Company Regulations and enforce & maintain “clean as you go” work habits.
– Separate & remove garbage and place it in designated containers; clean garbage as often as needed, ensuring those separation procedures and all Public Health Standards are maintained.
Ensure mise-en-place for all areas of responsibility are prepared 15 minutes prior to service.
- – Participate in “The Daily Reunion” every day to understand your team’s operational needs and to ensure consistent adherence to Viking’s STAR Service Standards.
– Provide the highest level of comfort and service to Guests and consistently maintain an impeccable standard of cleanliness and hygiene in assigned areas, as per Viking’s STAR Service Standards and all Public Health Policies; proactively prepare service according to Guest flow, embarkation & disembarkation, sea day activities & other activities.
– Be present during loadings for quality control and assurance; prepare daily electronic requisitions, according to the Guest count/forecast figures.
– Ensure you always wear the appropriate and task specific Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for your duties onboard. Always use correct lifting techniques to prevent injuries.
– Uphold impeccable grooming standards at all times by complying with Viking’s Image and Uniform Standards.
– Ensure that company property is appropriately secured and protected, especially during rough weather conditions, in order to prevent unnecessary loss or damage.
– Demonstrates outstanding flexibility: able to work at different times of the day, under pressure and reflect a positive can-do attitude and the best image of Viking at all times.
– Become knowledgeable about itinerary-related ports of call, shore excursions and shipboard activities such as events, entertainment and programs.
– Have strong motivation to achieve the company goals and objectives (quality and financial) for the Culinary Department.
– Have full knowledge about safety & security procedures and can operate in line with all Public health, Environmental and Safety & Security Policies; participate in all training concerning onboard training, safety & security, fire prevention, evacuation exercises as required by the company.
– Demonstrate the ability to take over the Head Baker’s position for a temporary period (with the necessary training) at any given time; assist the Head Baker with supervising the Bakery operation.
This document describes the primary activities, duties and responsibilities of this position. Your manager or supervisor may assign additional duties and responsibilities to you.
Associated topics: chef, commercial kitchen, corporate kitchen, executive, grill chef, prep chef, service manager, sushi, tavern, team lead
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.