Purpose of Job
USAA s 10-week, summer internship program offers college, Masters and MBA students an exciting opportunity to work at a Fortune 100 company and leading financial services firm. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges and build enduring relationships with their leaders and mentors. While gaining insight into the service of the military community and USAA s noble mission, interns are immediately part of USAA s collaborative culture. Spend your summer at USAA and gain a career where you can make a difference!
The Intern Program is designed to engage high potential talent who thrive in the opportunity to drive solutions to meet our mission and membership needs. The program will enhance skills through professional development sessions, senior leader networking and on-the-job training.
The Summer Intern assists with the development and implementation of solutions to influence business decisions for relevant line(s) of business. They also assist with the development of best in practice solutions to business challenges, help identify opportunities to enhance or streamline programs, and act as a functional resource to assure proper compliance with processes and regulatory requirements.
Our 2021 summer internship program will start on May 24, 2021 and last through July 30, 2021. To be eligible, you must be enrolled in your program during the time of the internship program.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities
- Applies programming and analytical techniques to analyze credit data
- Participates in the development and implementation of credit risk strategies as a team resource
- Under general supervision, analyzes credit trends or variances and provides results for root cause analyses
- Executes existing portfolio reporting to monitor credit strategy and escalates the quality and direction of credit performance to appropriate levels of management
- Pursuing an advanced degree (i.e. Masters) in a risk management or quantitative discipline at an accredited university with an expected graduation date of December 2021 or later OR in lieu of pursuing an advanced degree, candidates will need 2 or more years of experience supporting risk and/or compliance-related activities in a financial services operating environment or other relevant industry.
- Graduation date cannot be prior to the end of the internship
- 2 years of experience supporting risk and/or compliance-related activities in a financial services environment (pursuing an advanced degree in risk management could substitute for the 2 years of experience)
- Foundational and conceptual knowledge of the function/discipline and demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products required
- Foundational level of business acumen in the areas of the business operations, industry practices and emerging trends required
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Good understanding of coding languages, such as SAS, SQL, Python, and R
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Associated topics: analysis, bi, business analyst, business finance, forecasting, investment analytics, market, refine, refinement, regulation
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.