Transportation Financial Systems (TFS) team is looking for a smart and ambitious BI Engineer to develop the financial reporting structure for Amazon’s Transportation businesses. The successful candidate will own the creation and improvement of certain operational and financial metrics for these businesses. This is a high visibility position; she/he will work with internal customers at all levels of the organization. The successful candidate will enjoy the challenges and rewards of working in a fast-growing business and a very international environment.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer at Amazon you will be working in one of the world’s largest and most complex data warehouse environments. You should have deep expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of large datasets. You should have excellent business and communication skills in order to work with business owners to define key business questions, and to build datasets that answer those questions. You should be an expert at designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost solutions to move data from production systems into the data warehouse and into end-user facing applications.
* Design automated solutions for recurrent reporting (daily/weekly/monthly).
* Design databases and automated processes which enable in-depth analysis.
* Design automated data validation processes.
* Publish, analyze and improve management information dashboards, operational business metrics decks and key performance indicators.
* Provide in-depth analysis to management with the support of Accounting, Finance, Transportation and Supply Chain teams.
* Collaborate with software development teams to build software for reporting and analytical use cases.
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Business Analytics, Information Systems or related field. 4-6 years of experience performing quantitative analysis, preferably for an Internet or Technology company.
* Strong experience in Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence application development.
* Experience with high-volume OLTP & OLAP database systems.
* Advanced knowledge of SQL and ETL jobs and optimize complex queries.
* Recent experience applying visualization tools such as Cognos and Tableau.
* Recent experience implementing basic software solutions to automate data source, visualization and/or data modeling application.
* Experience with at least one scripting language, i.e. Python, C#, Java etc.
* Proven ability in understanding business processes, logical data models and relational database implementations.
* Proven track record of working on complex modular projects, and assuming a leading role in such projects.
* Highly motivated, self-driven, capable of defining own design and test scenarios.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Associated topics: application architect, architecture, backend, c, c#, lead, matlab, project architect, senior software developer, software engineer lead
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.