Website H&R Block
What you’ll do…
Are you a passionate people leader, capable of managing multiple offices? Do you enjoy exceeding client expectations? Block Advisors is looking for a Multi-Unit Team Leader to accelerate our year-round tax and business services by managing three Block Advisor offices and providing leadership to the customer-centric teams that work within them.
Block Advisors is an H&R Block brand that redefined the tax preparation experience for individuals and small businesses with complex tax and business service needs. As a Multi-Unit Team Leader at a Block Advisors office, you will serve as the front-line manager responsible for leadership and development of associates, delivering an outstanding client experience, and achieving all office related growth objectives (i.e., clients, revenue and earnings) for three offices. Prior tax preparation experience is not required.
You’ll begin working a flexible part-time schedule in the fall as you ramp up for the busy tax season, then transition to a full-time schedule from January through April. After working a successful tax season, you will work a reduced schedule May through December, and may even apply for advancement opportunities.
Day to day you’ll do…
- Manage office staffing, operations, and logistics for three offices with support from two Associate Team Leaders
- Partner with the District General Manager (DGM) to create and implement office-level growth plans and client growth targets, which includes developing local partnerships and managing office community involvement
- Assist the DGM in recruiting and interviewing candidates for tax office associate positions
- Build an engaging team environment, across all offices, by training and coaching associates while holding them accountable to execute on Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and recognizing outstanding associate contributions
- Conduct timely performance reviews and partner with Associate Relations Center to resolve associate issues and address performance concerns
- Lead daily team meetings and communicate essential information to tax office associates
- Create associate work schedules across all offices and ensure accurate timekeeping, as well as labor management, for staff in all offices
- Travel between the three offices as required
- May prepare up to 75 tax returns, as needed
- Multi-unit people management experience in the retail, restaurant, banking, or other related industry; management of people within military service positions can also be a good fit
- People management experience, with the demonstrated ability to grow and develop associates
- Demonstrated aptitude for growth plan execution and ability to lead towards growth culture
- Strong decision-making and judgment skills and the ability to function well in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a customer-centric mindset that seeks to understand and exceed client needs
- Computer proficient with the ability to use MS Office
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or high school diploma with the equivalent combination of experience
- Successful completion of the H&R Block Tax Knowledge Assessment or Income Tax Course (if preparing tax returns)
About H&R Block…
We are here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We’ve been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we’ve grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you’ll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company – one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
Associated topics: associate director, controller, director, general manager, general operational manager, general operations manager, operation, operational manager, recruit, vice president
It would be even better if you also had…
Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply!
What you’ll bring to the team…
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.