Website Kelly Services
Kelly Services is looking for a Building Maintenance Lead, as a direct hire opportunity, for one of our very valued clients!
DEPARTMENT: Facilities and Maintenance
POSITION TITLE: Building Maintenance Lead
STATUS: Full Time / Non-Exempt
TYPE: Direct Hire!
PAY: Salary: $21 per hour Eligible for annual raises and room for growth within company
SCHEDULE: Full time with some OT, will have home base address but will travel to different sites around Seattle
*SCOPE OF POSITION: *
In coordination and cooperation with the Facilities and Operations Manager, the Lead Maintenance Technician (LMT) is responsible for meeting Seattle Social Services property and operational needs in the performance of assigned duties. The LMT also provides primary supervision and support to maintenance assistant and janitorial staff, who are responsible for misc. duties including maintenance and janitorial functions of the program sites. In coordination with the Operations Manager, the LMT is responsible for creating, maintaining and is accountable for schedules and oversees time keeping for janitorial staff.
*EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:*
* HS Diploma or GED
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in skills relating to building maintenance, general repairs or related tradesman experience.
* Fork Lift certification preferred
* Fork Lift operations – 1 year experience
* WA. Drivers License required
*KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: *
* An ability to engage with diverse populations in a respectful and culturally responsive manner
* Demonstrates a commitment to the values of equity and inclusion by honoring diverse characteristics and expressions of personal identity.
* Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent necessary to understand instructions, take messages, read a map, and use the telephone.
* Ability and willingness to keep information confidential
* Able to handle minor maintenance and equipment repairs of vehicles and facility
* Physical strength required to lift cases of canned goods, tables and other items weighing sixty (60) pounds repetitively for four (4) or more hours daily.
* Willingness to comply with safety standards and procedures for both personal and public safety
* Experienced in general commercial maintenance and related trades.
*SOFTWARE-RELATED SKILLS: *
* Microsoft Word and Excel required
* Microsoft Outlook
* Working knowledge of integrated database applications and ability to use new software programs with basic training.
*SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: *
* Responsible for all phases of building maintenance and cleaning necessary to create and maintain a safe environment for residents, staff, and others that use the facilities (including but not limited to, garage parking area, alley, walkways, landscaping, building exteriors and interiors).
* Perform Daily duties of maintenance as assigned by the Operations Manager.
* Accomplishes all maintenance needs – bulb replacement & disposal, minor paint and drywall repair, light carpentry, plumbing, and electrical etc. with assistance as needed.
* Ensures tasks are accomplished associated with but not limited to setting up tables, chairs and other items in preparation for programs or events being held at the program site.
* Maintain inventory and coordinate with supervisor for purchase of janitorial equipment and supplies
* Perform regular building inspections to assess maintenance needs and coordinate repairs and/or maintenance if appropriate with supervisor(s).
* Perform or oversee regular vehicle maintenance and cleaning.
* Ensures monitoring and maintenance of property exterior – removal of graffiti, trash, and debris
* Responsible to make sure building meets all safety codes – all exits and stairwells are clear, fire extinguishers functioning, etc – coordinating with supervisor or property manager as needed for necessary equipment or supplies
* Ensures the operation and maintenance of garbage, food waste, and recycling dumpsters in accordance with the pick-up schedule
* Operate all vehicles within safety and compliance protocols for TSA employees.
* Provide orientation, support, and supervision to volunteers as needed.
* Respond to emergency situations that may arise making independent decisions within policy guidelines, as necessary.
* Institute security procedures should a critical or threatening incident arise. Provide timely and appropriate notification to police, fire, emergency medical and supervisory authorities.
* Work cooperatively with other Salvation Army staff and programs.
* Perform all other duties as assigned
* Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis
* Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach overhead
* Ability to operate telephone
* Ability to operate a desktop or laptop computer
* Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
* Ability to understand written information
If this sounds great to you, please apply at once for IMMEDIATE consideration! Thank you!
Why Kelly ?
As a worker today, it s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what s next is what we re all about. We know what s going on in the evolving world of work just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we re always thinking about what s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of [benefits]( Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
Associated topics: building maintenance, dig, hardscaper, labor, landscaping, maintenance, mower, park, street, trimmer
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.