Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Business Risk and Controls Advisor Lead for Phoenix Campus, Tampa Crosstown, San Antonio Home Office II/III or 100% Remote Work Environment.
Promotes risk-awareness and the overall effectiveness of risk and compliance management programs, risk analytics and operations in the business. This role will partner and collaborate with Compliance and Risk Management, as well as Business Operations, IT, Audit Services, and Regulators to support risk and compliance-based initiatives. Responsible for supporting business leader adherence to the established risk framework and ongoing supervision of business controls; including, risk and control self-assessments, identification and evaluation of control effectiveness, identifying control failures, facilitating risk and compliance remediation, internal and external audits and regulatory exams, and monitoring of the first line of defense to minimize risk exposures and strengthen the overall control environment. Manages risk assessment data and identifies key data-driven insights tied to first line of defense.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we’ve been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For , and we’ve ranked among Victory Media’s Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers – Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Directs and oversees multiple initiatives in support of risk and/or regulatory compliance related initiatives including but not limited to: oversight of procedures/process, accurate regulatory reporting and filing, document governance, risk control self-assessments, procedure governance, control design, new product controls, CoSA Third Party Governance, or quality governance.
- Applies a holistic understanding of risk and regulatory compliance to includes business strategies and solutions.
- Responsible for first line of defense data analysis, report preparation and trend analysis, utilizing business intelligence tools.
- Designs solutions for unanswered business questions and anticipates future business needs.
- Directs, organizes and oversees action plans designed to enhance governance practices in alignment with risk and compliance frameworks.
- Influences and develops innovative solutions to mitigate risk and prevent risk exposures which result in significant business impacts.
- Manages the most complex projects involving cross-functional areas within the first line of defense.
- Defines and outlines new approaches to problem resolution and leads project team from concept through implementation.
- Advises senior management on the status of their control environment related to risk identification and control weaknesses.
- Identifies critical areas to monitor and escalates issues and findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Serves as a primary resource to cross functional team members and advises on risk mitigation opportunities.
- Stays informed of changes to the regulatory environment to ensure proper compliance with processes and requirements are followed.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of experience supporting risk and/or compliance related activities in a financial services operating environment or other relevant industry OR 8 years of experience in a relevant quantitative discipline OR advanced degree or designation in a risk management or quantitative discipline, and 6 years of experience supporting risk and/or compliance related activities OR PhD in a risk management or quantitative discipline, and 4 years of experience supporting risk and/or compliance related activities.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Exam management experience
- Consumer regulatory subject matter expert
- CRCM or other applicable risk applications
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 10/12/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.