Macy s is proudly America s Department Store. There s a reason we ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy s is also known for giving back to our communities. Now is an exciting time to join Macy s. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation. Our industry-leading Asset Protection team uses the latest technology and analytics tools to reduce shortages and protect Macy s bottom line. Develop your skills with opportunities to specialize in areas such as Investigations, Organized Retail Crime, and Asset Protection Training. Join a team of colleagues who are committed to excellence and leadership development.
?The Asset Protection Captain s primary responsibility is to train, educate, and supervise staff in detecting and preventing theft of company property. Train and coach Asset Protection / Loss Prevention staff on apprehension. Support store s efforts in providing the best customer service within a controlled environment so as to ensure maximum sales at the highest profit rate attainable.
Macy s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy’s schedule options are available during the interview process.
* Select, train, develop, and supervise Asset Protection / Loss Prevention staff on detecting and preventing theft of company property.
* Develop, implement, and communicate programs to prevent theft amongst customers and employees.
* Participate in initial orientation and on-going training including the computer, surveillance, and alarm systems.
* Respond to customer and associate incidents to facilitate first aid and minimize company liability.
* Recover stolen merchandise and apprehend shoplifters who commit fraud or other criminal acts against the company.
* Investigate criminal violations against the person or property of any customer or associate that is committed on company premises.
* Prepare prompt and complete reports relative to all theft incidents, merchandise recoveries, accident investigations, audits, and other activities as assigned by the AP/LP Manager.
* Be an expert of and maintain strict compliance with the law and company policies concerning apprehensions, searches and seizures, and the preservation of evidence.
* Successfully complete all security training requirements and maintain personal certifications as required by law.
* Conduct and oversee audits to ensure sales department compliance to merchandise exposure standards and asset protection.
* Develop and maintain relationship with local law enforcement to facilitate maximum coordination for potential criminal cases.
* Testify in court concerning any case, criminal or civil, wherein the company is a party of interest to which the Asset Protection / Loss Prevention Detective is summoned.
* Works on special assignments, investigations, and surveillance as directed by Store AP/LP Manager.
* Responds to alarm conditions at assigned store.
* Perform other duties as needed.
* Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
*Qualifications and Competencies:*
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* 1-2 years related experience
* Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
* Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
* Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
* Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
* Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
* May occasionally involve reaching above eye level, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
* Must be able to apprehend shoplifters
* Ability to sustain long periods of time enclosed in surveillance areas.
* Frequently lift/move up to 30lbs
*This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company s obligations under *[SFPC Art. 49]( here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company s obligations under *[LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9]( here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Company s obligations under *[PC Ch. 9-3500]( here.*
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.