Website Chippenham Hospital
Do you have the career opportunities as a Cardiac OR RN you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Chippenham Hospital which is a part of the nation s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Chippenham Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Chippenham Hospital!
Job Summary and Qualifications
- Completes pre-operative assessments and interprets data to formalize an individual plan of care for surgical patients. Evaluates the patient’s plan of care to insure positive patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates competency in circulating cases as it relates to unit scope of care including planning and efficiently providing equipment and supplies based upon physician/patient needs.
- Administers medications and solutions in the O.R. including monitoring the physiological status of patients receiving IV conscious sedation during surgery.
- Provides a safe environment for the surgical patient during their perioperative experience.
- Promotes cost containment while delivering quality patient care within the operating room.
- Participates in department on-call assignments and demonstrates flexibility to cover staffing as needed.
- Demonstrates competency in scrubbing cases as it relates to unit scope of care including utilizing principles of asceptic technique in creating and maintaining a sterile field.
- Serves as a professional member of the OR team and pursues own professional growth and development.
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures; supports the mission of the hospital.
- Demonstrates flexibility to perform other functions within Surgical Services to assist in the smooth operation of the department.
What qualifications you will need:
- Minimum one year experience as a Perioperative RN or completion of a Perioperative Nurse course.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Registered Nurse
- Associate Degree
- Preferred: CNOR, BSN
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
CJW Medical Center is comprised of Chippenham Hospital and Johnston-Willis Hospital. We have served the greater Richmond Virginia area for over 100 years. Our campuses offer services in orthopedics, joint care, behavioral health, cancer care, and neurology. We have been recognized as a top performer on Key Quality Measures. Our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do.”
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Cardiac OR RN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, ccu, coronary, infusion, intensive care unit, maternal, mhb, neonatal, staff nurse, unit
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.