Website Denver Health
Under general supervision, performs quality cardiac ultrasound examinations using non-invasive cardiovascular technology equipment to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with heart and blood vessel conditions. Performs non-invasive tests and conducts routinely scheduled studies.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient at performing advanced echocardiographic imaging procedures and techniques such as real-time 3D, contrast perfusion, automated border detection, and acoustic densitometry, train and strain rate.
- Knowledge of cardiac anatomy and physiology sufficient to be able to position and monitor patients and obtain appropriate images.
- Skills in interpreting and applying written guidelines, precedents, and work practices to standardized work situations and specific cases.
- Skill in using cardiac ultrasound equipment.
- Understand and is able to reasonably troubleshoot all necessary equipment and ensures notification of appropriate personnel when problems occur.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, organizations and the public.
- Skill in interpreting and applying written guidelines, precedents and work practices to standardized work situations or specific cases.
- Skill in recognizing non-standardized situations and preparing recommendations for problem resolutions.
- Skill in using practices and principles of effective and persuasive communications.
- Ensures the integrity of data for clinical elements, demographics, billing information for physician reports.
Completion of noninvasive sonography education approved by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) required.
At least one year experience as a Cardiac Sonographer, preferably in a hospital setting.
- Registered as a sonographer in subspecialty(s) appropriate to the position by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) from American Heart Association required.
Location: Main Campus
Work Type: Full time
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver’s 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado’s primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
“Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.”
Associated topics: cardiology, ccc, echocardiography, echocardiology, gyn, imaging, rvt, sono, ultrasound, vascular
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.