Website Trident Medical Center
Have you heard the good news?
Along with offering a $20,000 Sign-on Bonus, we have recently increased our pay rates for Registered Nurses across all units! Apply today to learn more.
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Trident Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a Cardiac Stepdown Registered Nurse and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
Trident Medical Center offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Registered Nurse opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
In collaboration with the patient, the patient s family, and other members of the health care team, the Cardiac Stepdown Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, evaluating, planning, implementing, and coordinating a treatment plan and achieving the goals of the nursing department. You serve as a key position of the interdependent team, and hold responsibility for achieving positive patient and department outcomes.
What you will do in this role:
- You will monitor cardiac and other critical vital signs and detect any changes, thereby enabling intervention of life-threatening or emergency situations.
- You will respond to Code Blue within the facility and initiate protocol, special procedures and cardiac monitoring.
- You will manage efficient flow of patients including screening, preparation for exam, providing general nursing care, and arranging or testing and admissions.
- You will instruct patients and families regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- You will maintain and review patients records including posting tests and examination results.
- You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders.
- You will check rooms daily for necessary supplies.
- You will respond to and refer incoming telephone calls (may include phone triage when needed).
What qualifications you may need:
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate’s Degree in Nursing or higher is required
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Health Care Provider is preferred and required to be obtained within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- Prior acute care Registered Nurse experience preferred
Trident Medical Center is a 400+ bed acute-care facility located in South Carolina’s Lowcountry, and is part of the national HCA Healthcare network. Our hospital s services include a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, an award-winning Heart Center, the Trident Breast Care Center and the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery. Trident Health is consistently named as one of the nation s top hospitals for quality and safety by The Joint Commission.
At Trident Medical Center, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our Charleston community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it.”
– Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: asn, care, coronary, intensive care, intensive care unit, nurse clinical, psychiatric, recovery, staff nurse, unit
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.