Website CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA Insurer
We are actively hiring for a Strategic Sourcing Leader to join our team. The ideal candidate will develop strategic category plans built upon spend analysis and incorporating business plans that will optimize cost savings, provide service excellence, and drive operational efficiencies. He or she will effectively influence internal client relationships to achieve understanding, acceptance, and commitment to execution of sourcing strategies.
*Essential Responsibilities* *Contract Development: *
* Develops contracts, amendments, renewals and extensions of moderate complexity; contracts should be operationally effective and easily executed or implemented.
* Leverages the various forms of contractual documents and their structure.
* Keeps abreast of contract law
* apply Identifies issues and applies appropriate level of risk mitigation
* Incorporates business/technical requirements into agreements
* Develops and proposes effective negotiation strategies which include educating and preparing the internal team to deal with supplier negotiation tactics.
* Effectively lead team of stakeholders to build consensus on contract negotiation objectives
* Lead and manage negotiation sessions with clients and suppliers.
* Influences and persuades clients and suppliers toward a middle ground solution in the event of an impasse.
* Identifies risks associated with contract terms and develops strategy to effectively mitigate impact to the company.
* Understands sourcing best practices (seven step process) and how they are effectively applied.
* Advise clients on effective application of sourcing processes
* Ensure compliance with company sourcing and contract policies
*Competitive Bid Process:*
* Lead events moderate in complexity
* Ensure team maintains integrity of competitive bid process
* Understands market conditions and performs market analysis that may influence the direction or strategy for the process
* Develops complex and higher risk RFP s, RFI s and RFQ s, integrating requirements from business and technical clients, including functional and operational requirements
* Scoring Process:1Leads and facilitates the development of scoring methodology and process with multiple business units/cross-functional stakeholders
* Selection process ability to steer teams to consensus on supplier selection
* Facilitates selection of suppliers who deliver the best service and product value to the company
* Understanding of, and ability to, incorporate topics such as supplier diversity, sustainability, corporate social responsibility, and innovation into the competitive bid process where possible
* Understands supplier pricing methodologies and cost levers for their category
* Maintains healthy relationships with suppliers
* Acts as supplier advocate to promote ethical and fair treatment of supplier partners
* Post award activities contract implementation – contract debrief with stakeholders and supplier
* Develops supplier evaluation criteria (surveys) and builds matrices to rate performance against contract deliverables. If warranted develop and implement performance improvement plan
* Supplier reporting SLAs and any other contractual obligations
* Facilitates QBRs, develops meeting agendas, works with suppliers to create and maintain dashboards, KPIs,
* Supports customers with supplier management effort for effective and strategic supplier relationship
* Facilitate escalations and problem resolution
*Maintaining Customer Relationships:*
* Makes favorable impression and easily gains acceptance by others in order to build and maintain strong relationships
* Understands, anticipates, and co-defines customer needs and/or strategies
* Understands stakeholder s goals and objectives, as well as their specific needs and preferences.
* Serves as a thought leader and is viewed as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert capable of offering value added solutions
* Capable of assessing complex problems and defining solutions for customer s needs, taking into account restrictions, efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
*What would make us excited about you?*
* 10 + years of experience with emphasis on category management, sourcing best practices, competitive bid process, and contract development
* 6 + years diverse background in sourcing and negotiation of professional services and SaaS products
* Ability to lead moderate to complex cross-functional teams and projects
* Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems and implementation barriers
* Demonstrated leadership skills
* Ability to influence Senior Leadership decision making and strategy
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in cross-functional teams
* Ability to work on multiple issues and tasks
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience or 10 years of work experience
* Sourcing or category management experience in Auto and Home Insurance industry (preferred)
* Familiarity with topics/programs relating to Supplier Diversity and Supplier Environmental Sustainability (preferred)
* Six Sigma, CPSM, or related Certificate (preferred)
*Why join us?*
* Make a difference. We don t just go to work. We re a team of employees committed to AAA members, our communities and each other.
* Lifestyle. We drive strategy through innovation. We do honorable work, and we live our core beliefs
* Recognition. We offer a total compensation package, performance bonus, 401(k) with a company match, and so much more!
Read more about what we offer and what it is like to be a part of our dynamic team at:
Let s work together Submit your application to be considered. We communicate via email, so check your inbox and/or your spam folder to ensure you don t miss important updates from us.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Our differences, visible and invisible, make every individual at CSAA Insurance Group unique and valuable. We strive to foster a culture where all employees feel a sense of belonging and can leverage their differences to thrive. We believe in embracing our unique identities, experiences, and points of view to advance our company and reflect our communities and members.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please contact …@csaa.com.
CSAA Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer.
In compliance with *Colorado s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (EPEWA)* we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be, or could be, performed in Colorado. If performed in Colorado, this position has a salary range of $110,000 – $129,000 with an opportunity for a company-wide annual discretionary bonus, through our Annual Incentive Plan (AIP), of up to 12% of eligible pay.
Company benefit offerings include: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision Plans, Health Savings Account (HSA) which includes company contributions, Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA), Reimbursement Accounts (Health Care Reimbursement Account, Limited Purpose Reimbursement Account), comprehensive Wellness Program including an activity portal and activities, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Transit Commuter Account Program, 401(k) Plan with company match on first 6% of eligible pay that employee contributes each year 100% vested, 401(k) Plan annual profit sharing contribution 100% vested, company paid Life Insurance (at 2x the annual salary), Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D), Short-and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off (Non-Exempt positions only), Flexible Time Off (Exempt positions only), ten paid holidays per calendar year, Adoption Assistance Program, Infant Car Seat Reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Enrichment Time of up to 40 hours per year to be used toward the categories of culture, development, volunteerism, or wellness. Please note, hourly or salary compensation, or the range of hourly or salary compensation available for a position may vary by location. We reserve the right to amend benefit offerings at any time and compensation will be determined at time of offer.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.