Website Vanguard Supply Chain Solutions
Job Description for Vanguard Distribution Center
Job Title: CDL Driver
A vital position for a transportation company, the CDL (Commercial Driver s License) truck driver is responsible for the delivery of client shipments to include, but not limited to, research models and Teklad products. Requirements for a CDL driver include physical and mental stamina, and the ability to withstand long hours on the road. The incumbent must be organized, detailed oriented, and comfortable working independently. A clean driving record and commercial driving experience are required. As a representative of Team Vanguard, all drivers will present a professional appearance and demeanor. Strong communications are key for this role, as drivers will interact with clients and their designated personnel.
- Fully understand how to operate and safely drive a Company-assigned vehicle.
- Drive vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 26,000 lbs.
- Pick-up and safely transport goods to intended destination.
- Ensure contents are properly secured in truck to prevent damage/injury.
- Obtain signatures to confirm and complete deliveries
- Assist in mapping driving routes.
- Stay on predetermined route and ensure timely transport and delivery.
- Communicate with Company personnel (supervisor, dispatch) as needed.
- Confirm that the contents of each shipment load matches the manifest document.
- Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip.
- Check weather conditions and road reports before departure.
- Always ensure Company vehicle is kept clean.
- Notify managers of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered.
- Follow delivery schedule and rest at appropriate times.
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs.
- Track and report working hours.
- Adhere to company rules and regulations.
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive in according to the weather/road conditions.
- Comply with ICC and DOT regulations.
- Make safety a priority at all times.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Valid commercial driver s license (CDL) required.
- Three to five (3-5) years proven experience in commercial truck driving preferred.
- Clean driving record with no moving violations.
- Must pass background check and drug test.
- Skilled at driving and parking large, heavy vehicles.
- Alert, focused, and detail oriented.
- Physically and mentally fit.
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) lbs. at a time.
- Possess great physical stamina and focus during long driving shifts.
- Comfortable with long-haul transport.
- Able to operate electric lift, hand trucks, , etc.
- Proficient using GPS and other routing systems.
- Map reading and route planning experience preferred.
- Strong sense of direction.
- Self-starter who works well independently.
- Disciplined, dependable, and resourceful.
- High level of composure and good stress management.
- Excellent communication skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS/TRAVEL:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The ability to life heavy goods is essential to this position. This position will require performance in numerous outdoor weather conditions, including, but not limited to, hot or cold temperatures, rain, snow, or other types of inclement weather. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This position may require significant travel, including overnight trips, and weekend and/or evening work.
Associated topics: cdl b, cdl b driver, cdl b owner operator, cdl c, cdl c driver, cdl c owner, conductores clase b, driver class b, driving class b, driving class c
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.