Website CSL Plasma
With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus.CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operatesCSL Plasma , one of the world’s largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
In compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), supervises reception area testing activities. Provide clear and consistent instructions and directions, conduct meetings and clearly communicate performance expectations. May be required to perform tasks in work areas. Advise management of employee relation issues or escalated donor issues.
In conjunction with Group Leaders, facilitate donor movement throughout the center minimizing wait time and processing.
Ensures the center is staffed with adequate number of personnel to provide sufficient support based on center size, structure and donor flow. Monitor time card reporting procedures, attendance, and utilization of overtime.
Conduct error investigations and develop recommendations for process improvement.
Participate with management in conducting performance appraisals, providing performance feedback. With management review, document verbal and written coaching level corrective actions as needed. Assist in maintaining up-to-date employee training files, checklists, and assist with performance evaluations and certification status.
May assist with the recruitment and selection of center operation staff.
Adhere to and promote compliance to company policies and procedures.
Ensures accurate recording of donor data in the electronic donor information management system as outlined in the SOPs.
Understands policies and procedures associated with hyper immune programs at the center if applicable.
Maintain clean efficient work environment, and ensure sufficient operating supplies and forms are available. Comply with all Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures. May conduct routine internal procedures and documentation audits. Promote safety in all actions.
Maintain confidentiality of personnel, donor, and center information.
Will be cross-trained in all technical areas and other functions to meet the needs of the business.
Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the organization, to meet the needs of the business
Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Provide minimum hiring requirements, specialized knowledge, and other considerations required
- Physician OR
- New York Licensed Clinical Laboratory Technologist with 6 years clinical laboratory experience subsequent to qualifying, with at least 2 years working in a clinical laboratory with a director at the doctoral level OR
- Master’s Degree in a chemical, physical or biological science with 4 years laboratory experience, subsequent to graduation, in which not less than 2 years have been in the laboratory specialty in a clinical laboratory with a director at the doctoral level OR
- Doctoral Degree in chemical, physical or biological science with 2 years’ experience, subsequent to graduation, in one of the laboratory specialties in a clinical laboratory or blood bank having a director at the doctoral level OR
- Cytotechnologist with 4 years’ experience in cytotechnology subsequent to qualifying in a laboratory with a director at the doctoral level in cytopathology
- Minimum 1 year supervisory, leadership experience responsible for overseeing the activities of others required.
- Clinical laboratory or blood bank experience shall be part of a hospital, university, health department, medical research institution or other institution, which provides equivalent training.
If qualified, may also function as Lab Director
Shares information with internal contacts with common desire to reach a solution
Ability to make decisions, which have moderate impact on immediate work unit.
Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe equipment operation.
Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100% of time
Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures and to blood borne pathogens.
Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing specific tasks or in certain areas
Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center operational needs
Note: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications.
Worker Sub Type:
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.