Website Interpath Laboratory
Eugene Endocrinology, part of Praxis Health, is looking for a Certified Diabetes Educator to join our team!
The Certified Diabetes Educator should identify and treat instances of current and prospective diabetes, educate on self-management techniques and track treatment adherence. In addition, evaluates and assesses nutrition status of patients, and screens patients for nutritional risk in accordance with established department protocols and standards. Plans and initiates medical nutrition therapy to patients if indicated by patient requirements and clinical protocol.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Provide education related to diabetes and the disease process; medication, diet and nutritional monitoring; foot care, prevention and care of complications; blood glucose monitoring and the techniques of self-monitoring and injection.
- Develop and implement educational programs for diabetic staff, patients, and families.
- Advise patients as to long-term complications.
- Provide clinical resource and consultation to staff and physicians.
- Assist patients in monitoring blood glucose for the purpose of medication control and adjustment for both insulin and noninsulin dependent diabetics.
- Assess, monitor and implement treatment plans for patients at various stages of the disease. The focus is on prevention of complications and management of stable diabetes.
- Provide ongoing assessment and recommendations to the treatment team and patient/family for adjustments in the plan of care as required.
- Evaluates and assesses nutrition status of patients, and screens patients for nutritional risk in accordance with established department protocols and standards.
- Plans and initiates medical nutrition therapy to patients if indicated by patient requirements and clinical protocol.
- Educates and counsels patients and families on nutritional issues, either individually or in groups.
- Communicates individual nutritional care plans to other health care providers as a member of a health care team.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Candidate must comply with all state, local and federal rules, guidelines and requirements with respect to safety and health. This includes, but is not limited to any mandates with respect to the COVID-19 virus, such as PPE, testing, or vaccination rules, absent a legally recognized need for accommodation. Such accommodation requests should be promptly submitted to HR and will be reviewed and approved based on the circumstances presented.
- RN licensure, or Nurse Practitioner, or PA with 1 year experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Licensure/Certification as a Certified Diabetic Educator.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to effectively communicate medical information, test results, diagnoses and/or proposed treatment in a manner easily understood by the client.
- Knowledge of clinical nutrition theory and practice.
- Knowledge of sponsored nutritional programs and patient certification requirements.
- Ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on research data and findings.
Praxis Health is a family of medical groups providing high quality healthcare throughout the state of Oregon. Our community-based clinics are the DNA of our business, providing better medicine, advocacy for our patients, and a satisfying and collaborative culture for our providers and staff.
The Praxis family approach is dynamically different than other healthcare companies in Oregon. We are not big box health care, but rather a company of small groups and clinics, of nimble micro-cultures that can quickly adapt to industry changes, as well as patient needs.
We have been serving communities across the beautiful and adventurous state of Oregon for over 50 years! And we are pioneers and thought leaders in the industry. Our commitment to innovative and operational excellence has allowed us to create healthcare solutions that are both cost-efficient and cutting edge.
Come see how healthcare is done right!
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to stay on task without direct supervision.
Praxis Health Equal Opportunity Statement
Praxis Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Associated topics: care unit, coronary, hospice, intensive care, intensive care unit, neonatal, nurse clinical, recovery, surgery, unit
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.