Website Seton Med Ctr Harker Heights
The OB Certified Surgical Technician assists in the nursing care of the surgical patient intra-operatively in the scrub role under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse according to standards and policies of the Department and the Hospital. Patient care duties are performed in a safe and proficient manner in accordance with individual patient needs, incorporating age-related factors. Ability to set up sterile supplies for Cesarean Sections (STAT and Routine) and Vaginal Births. Cleaning of instrumentation utilized in OB procedures.
- Maintains effective communication with medical staff, administrative staff, nursing staff and other team members.
- Assists the organization in incorporating the guiding principles into its Women s Services practice.
- Must observe principles of universal protocol
- Ascertains the delivery of patient care is provided in a personalized, professional and quality manner.
- Ascertains that Joint Commission, local, state and federal accrediting and licensing bodies requirements are met.
- Ascertains that the delivery of patient care is compliant with the accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Assists in the Quality Assurance / Improvement Program of Women s Services.
- Performs quality control on equipment and notifies management immediately of any potential malfunction or hazard of equipment.
- Explains L&D procedure to the patient and / or family member in a thorough and professional manner.
- Obtains patient s history prior to necessary procedure.
- Serves as patient advocate and ensures patient autonomy.
- Enters and retrieves patient information from the Hospital Information System (HIS) in a proficient manner.
- Provides minimal nursing care to patient, ascertaining the patient is comfortable in the department. Seeks additional nursing or physician assistance when necessary.
- Prepares and maintains department paperwork, verifying accuracy of information.
- Ascertains that the delivery of patient care and billing are compliant with the accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Ascertains that patient charges are entered correctly.
- Releases patient information in accordance with policies and procedures and accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Answers telephones in a courteous and professional manner within three (3) rings.
- Schedules patient examinations according to departmental procedures.
- Maintains cardiovascular laboratory and work area in a clean and organized manner.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program or military or hospital on-the-job training program equivalent and employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a Surgical Technologist.
- Minimum of two (2) years L&D experience preferred: Scrubbing for C/S, setting up for vaginal deliveries, assisting the RN and Physician as needed.
B. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist (CST) required upon hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification from American Heart Association required upon hire
Associated topics: bsn, coronary, intensive care unit, nurse, recovery, registed, staff nurse, surgery, tcu, transitional
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.