Website Ohio Living
The Charge Nurse – RN or LPN supervises the day-to-day nursing activities of the State Tested Nursing Assistants (STNA) in accordance with company standards and federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
* LPN: FT, PT, PRN All Shifts – $3,500 Sign-On Bonus for FT!
* RN: FT Nights
Operations Management and Administration
- Directs the day-to-day functions of the nursing activities in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the facility, including the making of work assignments to Nursing Assistants.
- Assists in implementing methods for coordinating nursing services to ensure continuity of residents care.
- Administers medications and treatments in accordance with physician orders and nursing standards of practice.
- Represents the nursing department during Interdisciplinary Care Plan meetings. Is able to answer questions related to the plan of care and delivery of services.
- Participates in various committee meetings.
- Makes work assignments and meets with Nursing Assistants regularly to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and the improvement of care and services.
- Provides direct nursing care as needed.
- Consults with the residents physicians in planning resident care, treatment, rehabilitation, etc. as needed.
- Notifies residents physicians and families when there is a change in the resident s condition.
- Authorizes and monitors the use of restraints when necessary and in accordance with the facility policies and procedures.
- Admits, transfers and discharges patients as necessary.
- Works with Unit Manager to help reduce hospital readmissions.
- Attends all-employee and departmental meetings and in-service training as scheduled or as directed.
Quality and Compliance, and Risk Management
- Ensures that nursing procedures are followed by nursing service personnel, and that they reflect the day-to-day nursing care procedures used by the facility.
- Participates in the maintenance, and implementation of the facility s quality assurance program.
- Ensures the procedures for the administration, storage and control of medications and supplies are being followed by nursing staff.
- Ensures that resident rooms, treatment areas, work areas and equipment are maintained in a clean, sanitary, and safe manner.
People Management and Development
- Supervises STNAs.
- Fosters a positive work environment that attracts, retains, and motivates employees.
- Interviews, selects, and orients new direct reports.
- Defines, establishes, and promotes performance expectations so direct reports understand and demonstrate excellence through high quality and consistent performance.
- Evaluates job performance of direct reports in accordance with the company policy and procedure and provides developmental guidance to staff for improved performance and growth.
- Monitors accountability with organization requirements prescribed by the Employee Handbook. Documents and engages employees who are routinely not observing these requirements in an effort to achieve compliance. Works with Human Resources when circumstances arise that necessitate further documentation and intervention.
- Participates in the development, planning, scheduling, conducting, and monitoring of in-service training programs, on-the-job training, and orientation programs for departmental staff.
- Ensures that there is a reasonable and sufficient plan for staffing should a direct report be absent or a direct reporting position be vacant.
- Responds timely and thoughtfully to questions, requests, and work product from departmental staff that has been provided for review and approval.
All other duties as assigned.
- Nursing degree from an accredited college, university or vocational school required.
- Current unencumbered license for the state of Ohio to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
- One year of clinical experience in a hospital, long term care facility, or other related health care facility preferred.
- Supervisory experience in a long-term care, hospital, or other related healthcare setting preferred.
- Proficiency with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Ohio Living Rockynol is Akron s premier life plan community. Services include long-term nursing care, memory care, short-term rehabilitation, outpatient therapy and assisted living. The campus also offers independent living apartments. Most importantly, we re a company that:
- chooses to operate as a faith-based, not-for-profit organization
- makes its mission the heart of our organization
- has a reputation for consistently exceeding the needs and expectations of those we serve
- provides an engaging, team-oriented workplace dedicated to career, family and faith
- commits to recognizing our employees for a job well done
We re looking for people who:
- have a passion for helping people, solving problems and contributing to a positive work environment
- are excited about bringing their personal standards and ideals to work each day
- understand that HOW you do your job is just as important as WHAT you do in your job
Why work at Ohio Living Rockynol?
Our residents and employees have access to an on-campus library and a walking trail throughout our 15 acres of beautiful park-like grounds. Depending on an employee s status, they may benefit from:
- competitive wages
- affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 403b retirement savings
- paid time off
- training, continuing education, and education assistance
- pay advances up to $500
- free meals/meal allowance
- the latest technology
- unlimited career opportunities
- and much more!
Who is Ohio Living?
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio Living is one of the nation s largest not-for-profit, multi-site senior living organizations. Since its founding in 1922, Ohio Living has defined the highest standards of quality of life for adults through its 12 life plan communities and Ohio Living Home Health & Hospice in 50 Ohio counties.
Our mission is to provide adults with caring and quality services toward the enhancement of
physical, mental and spiritual well-being consistent with the Christian Gospel.
Care Integrity Customer Service
Innovation Financial Stewardship Leadership
Associated topics: lead, licensed, licensed practical, licensed vocational, licensed vocational nurse, lvn, med surg, nurse ii, nurse iv, practical nurse lpn
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.