Website SSM Health
This position offers great benefits and also sign in bonus, it will be a Part-time – FLOAT to cover for scheduling needs. Looking for candidate that is organized, flexible with great time management.
Provides comprehensive nutrition assessments and care planning for patients and/or residents and evaluates effectiveness of treatments.
- Directs the nutritional care of patients and/or residents with special needs including screening, assessment, intervention, care and discharge planning to ensure patient and /or resident nutrition needs and customer satisfaction are met.
- Adheres to all care standards from federal, state and Joint Commission standards for delivery of nutrition care. Monitors patient progress, reassesses and makes adjustments to care plan as appropriate. Participates in discharge planning and assists the patient and family with education and resources needed.
- Collaborates with and advises physicians, nurses, therapists and other care providers regarding issues related to patient nutritional care. Actively participates in care coordination meetings.
- Identifies patients needing nutrition education and initiates the education process by assessing educational needs and identifying resources for on-going nutrition care. Considers age, cultural practices, emotional barriers, desire and motivation to learn, physical and cognitive limitations. Involves patient family/significant other in education. Selects, adapts and develops nutrition education materials and techniques to accomplish patient goals.
- Contributes to the nutrition education experiences of medical residents, nurses, pharmacists or other interested parties as requested.
- Provides nutrition information and education to community by presenting nutrition education programs that are planned, factual, appropriate for audience and of appropriate length. Handouts/audiovisual aides are used when suitable
- Remains up to date on advances in nutrition and diet therapy through continuing education to possess most up-to-date knowledge of meet clients’ needs. Provides input and recommendations to revise clinical guidelines and or procurement of educational materials to assure best practices.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Dietetics or related field
- No experience required
- Frequent reaching, sitting, standing and walking.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more).
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, climbing, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Occasional use of vision to identify and distinguish colors.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements and squatting.
Associated topics: diet, dietician, dietitian, headstart, icf mr, nutrition, nutritional, nutritionist, sfs, wic
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.