Website SOURCE TECHNOLOGY
Title: Cloud Platform Engineer (AWS & Python)
Location: Austin, TX
Work type: Full-time, permanent
Remote: 60% (2 days onsite in Downtown Austin)
Candidates must be eligible to work in the USA. Our client is unable to provide visa sponsorship.
Our client based in Austin, TX builds world-class open-source products for code quality and security. Their open-source products support over 30 programming languages, empowering dev teams of all sizes to solve coding issues within their existing workflows. With over 7 million developers using their software and a community edition trusted by more than 400,000 organizations globally, their products are a gold standard for teams and businesses to deliver better, safer software.
As a member of one of our engineering teams, you’ll be a key player in making the best software tools for Code Quality and Security, creating new features that help our users write better software and delivering a high quality, amazingly powerful and popular open-source product.
You will be part of a brand new engineering department being built in Austin, TX. Our client is headquartered out of Switzerland and has a huge presence in Europe. They’re expanding into the US because over 60% of their clients are based across the Atlantic. The team will consist of 10 hires to start, with scope to continue growing this team throughout 2023.
- Evolve and operate Cloud-based solutions with automation, scalability, and performance in mind. This means:
- Continuously and proactively enhance the architecture design and implementation, taking into account Performance, Security, Disaster Recovery, and Costs.
- Do sprints with an integrated (DevOps) team.
- Perform and automate operational tasks such as deployments with a DevOps mindset.
- Push your new features into production.
- Deliver exemplar proof of concepts to evidence solution designs are fit for purpose.
- Increase validation testing across the DevOps life cycle for a cloud-native platform.
- Document as-is and future state solutions to ensure evergreen documentation is maintained.
- Collaborate, if applicable, with SREs to enhance operational resilience, scalability, and observability.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders (CTO, Data related roles, Release engineers, etc.) to make sure solutions fit into the Sonar ecosystem.
- Document and share reusable building blocks.
- Investigate alarms, issues, and incidents when escalated.
- Own testability of the infrastructure (deploy, validate, tear-down).
- Maintain physical and logical plans.
- Take planned steps to ensure that all platforms and capabilities operate within a given region and account limits to ensure scalability.
- Dedicate effort to participate in resilience and scalability tests in Performance environments to stay ahead of growth inhibitors.
- Participate to AWS Well-Architected Reviews and Trusted Advisor findings resolution.
- Prod-oriented, AWS Cloud background, and belief in having DevOps profiles working together as a tightly-knit team. You are motivated by both the technical and the functional aspects of services.
- Experience in supporting customer-facing production services with good security practices.
- You are trained to and believe in leveraging managed services.
- You are a friendly, listening, enthusiastic, organized team player, actively sharing your knowledge, and giving and receiving feedback to improve the team and yourself.
- Solid experience with architecture: experiences with delivering cloud-native applications, architecture modelling, and implementation on AWS.
- You see yourself as a Cloud Platform Engineer who knows how to implement the blueprints you designed.
- Motivated by both technical and functional aspects of services, you understand the value of code over presentations and see yourself as an engineer at heart.
- Robust multi-year experience with AWS implementations, and automation of the deployment.
- Strong understanding of software development practices: quality, testing (unit, functional and resilience) and CI/CD.
- Strong experience with Infrastructure as Code, CloudFormation (YAML) and/or the CDK python library is a plus. Prior experience with Terraform is a benefit.
- Experience with AWS Well-Architected Review and/or AWS certification is very important.
- Developing in Python and Bash with clean code is a must. Java is a plus.
- You enjoy exploring new technologies.
- Experience with Azure and GCP is a plus.
- Comfortable with agile practices and principles (working in sprints, ).
- You are open-minded, have a very positive can-do attitude and are comfortable in dealing with change and complexity.
- Self-confident enough to challenge the status quo as well as receive feedback.
- A DevOps mindset is a must-have.
- Familiarity with the AWS Builders Library is a benefit.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Using initiative and strong track record of seeing things through to the end.
- Positive attitude and open-mindedness
- Enjoys dealing with complexity.
- Competitive salaries
- Yearly bonus
- Health insurance – 90% coverage from start date
- 401k matching of 4% after 3 months
- 23 PTO
- Safe and diverse work culture – their international team values respect, kindness, and never being afraid to fail.
- Flexible hours – we schedule our days to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
- Great people – we value people skills as much as technical skills and strive to keep things friendly and laid back.
- Work-life balance – keeping a healthy work-life balance is important. This is why some people prefer working some days from home.
If you’re interested in this position please send your resume and availability for a screening call to (see below) Full-Time
To apply for this job please visit www.jobvertise.com.