YOUR GROOMING CAREER:
Start your career in grooming as a Groomer Trainee! As a Groomer Trainee in our Grooming Salon, you ll have the opportunity to build personal relationships with your clients each time they visit and truly become a part of their family. You ll get to know their pets styles and personalities to create a customized, stylish experience just for them! From that first shampoo to that final strut home, you ll take pride in the services you provide!
GROOMED FOR GREATNESS:
You bring the passion and we ll bring the training. Petsmart offers a free, paid training program that will set you up for success.
- Stage 1– Pet Stylist Apprentice: Jump start your education by getting hands-on experience with our pets. These pets become our own pets while they are in our care, so our number one priority is to get safety certified. Under the guidance of the salon leader, you ll begin your training as a bather and learn about different dog breeds and styling. You ll help to get the dogs comfortable in our salon and spend time bathing them, trimming their nails and providing support to groomers throughout the pet s stay.
- Stage 2– Grooming Academy: After getting some experience under your belt (well, smock!), you ll attend our free, paid Grooming Academy! This exclusive, 4-week program is valued at over $6000! You ll have 4 weeks in a classroom environment, gaining insights from our experienced Academy Trainers. You ll dive in deeper into breed styling, caring for different dog breeds, and get comfortable with tools and clippers. As an added bonus, at graduation, you ll receive a free tool kit worth over $600!
- Stage 3 Groomer Trainee: You ll put your brand-new education and fancy new tool kit to work when you head back to our salon. With the leadership and oversight of experienced groomers, you ll begin to groom all different breeds and sizes of dogs. We have a target of 200 dogs to ensure you get the experience and diversity you need.
- Stage 4 Pet Stylist in Training: Now it s time for you to really hone your skill set. You ll build relationships with your own clients, advise on styles, suggest new services and share in the joy that comes with a client picking up their freshly coiffed pet. It s the best thing in the world, well, that free tool kit is pretty great, too!
THE WARM AND FUZZIES:
We ve highlighted job responsibilities and programs as best as we could above but the best parts of working at PetSmart can t be fully described in the job description.
- It s the pride of the giving Mickey a makeover in our salons watching him strut his stuff on the way out. Paws off, ladies, he s taken!
- It s the excitement of Walter s wagging tail during his bath or Sadie s smile after her teeth are cleaned.
- It s the gussying up of Gizmo for this year s holiday photoshoot. (Fun fact: many of our groomers receive holiday cards from their clients!)
- It s the little things we do that add up to really big things that pets need.
Working at PetSmart is not a job, it s a community of those who work together for the love of pets.
Apply now to experience a career that loves you back.
This job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work associates/leaders assigned to this job perform. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. You will be provided a copy of a job description for the actual position you are hired in to.
The Colorado pay range for this position is from $12.56 to $19.50 per hour. Exact rate of pay will be based on position and experience level.
Applicants must be over the age of 18, unless located in Montana or where otherwise required by local or state law.
PetSmart is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial or local law. .For applicants in our Waterloo, San Francisco, or Los Angeles locations: Pursuant to the Waterloo and San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, as well as the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the law
Associated topics: boarding, daycare, dog groomer, dog stylist, estilista de gatos, estilista de perros, hair, pet bather, petstylist, stylist
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.