If you are a Computational Biologist with experience, please read on!
We are a Series B biotech start-up group located in Pittsburgh, PA, looking for our newest Computational Biologist to continue to navigate us closer to a cure for cancer through novel T cell therapies.
If you are a Computational Biologist with a can-do attitude and and succeed in a collaborative environment, we strongly urge you to please apply now!What You Will Be Doing
You will work in a highly collaborative group of scientists and other internal and external professionals from very diverse backgrounds to work towards the cure for cancer by translating novel research into effective computational programs. You will also join our bioinformatics team in the design and the construction of high-performing computational tools to analyze T-cells.What You Need for this Position
– Ph.D. or Masters degree (preferred)
– 3+ years of experience in bioinformatics, computational biology, systems biology, or a related discipline
– Record of publications and/or patents
– Development experience with NGS-based software in an HPC scope (i.e. variant calling, gene expression, epigenetic analyses & single-cell sequencing)
– Fluency in SAM, BAM, VCF file format specifications, & other standard bioinformatic formats
– Proficient experience applying statistical fundamentals to biological datasets
– Integration experience with diverse NGS and non-NGS data sets to identify cancer drivers, predictive biomarkers, and/or mechanistic hypotheses
– Demonstrated experience mining public data sets (i.e. TCGA, GTEx, & CCLE)
– US work authorization
**Bonus Points for:
– Understanding protein structure and/or experience in structure modeling
– Experience using NGS based software in cancer or immunology researchWhat’s In It for You
-Competitive Salary ($75K-$105K)
– Flexible spending account/Health savings account
– Health insurance
– Life insurance
– Paid time off & Parental leave
– Relocation assistance
– Potential bonuses
– Remote work opportunitiesSo, if you are a Computational Biology with experience, please apply today!
Associated topics: bio, biology, biostatistics, biotechnology, microbiology, neurobiology, pathophysiology, physical, physiology, stem cell
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.