Website RALPH L. WADSWORTH CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
Ralph L Wadsworth is looking for Skilled Concrete Finishers to start working ASAP
We have positions open from Provo to Ogden
Pay- DOE starting at $24.00 an hour and up
MUST be able to pass drug test and background check
MUST have basic tools of the trade.
MUST be able to work at least 40 hrs a week.
If you or someone you know ( we offer a referral bonus starting at $500) are interested in working with one of the largest Construction companies in UT, please contact Kevin at 385-###-#### or send your resume to …@wadsco.com
Smooths and finishes surfaces of poured concrete highway roads to specified textures by performing the following duties. The size of the project and organization of the work determining whether a worker spends all his time on one job or is transferred from task to task as the project progresses to completion. Some workers habitually work in one branch of the industry, whereas others transferred from task to task as the project progresses to completion or according to the availability of work or on a seasonal basis. May be designated according to specific work performed.
- Signals concrete deliverer to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete.
- Spreads concrete into inaccessible sections of forms with rake or shovel.
- Levels concrete to specified depth and workable consistency, with hand held screed and floats to bring water to surface and produce soft topping.
- Smooths, and shapes surfaces of freshly poured concrete.
- Finishes concrete surfaces, or wets and rubs concrete with abrasive stone to impart finish.
- Removes rough or defective spots from concrete surfaces, and patches holes with fresh concrete or epoxy compound.
- Molds expansion joints and edges.
- Sprinkles colored stone chips, powdered steel, or coloring powder on concrete to produce prescribed finish.
- Produces rough concrete surface with broom.
- Mixes cement with hoe or concrete-mixing machine.
- Directs subgrade work, mixing of concrete, and setting of forms.
- Breaks up and repairs old concrete surfaces.
- Able to set up Screed, Bidwell, GoMaco and other equipment to specifications
- A minimum of 1 year of pouring concrete and finishing in multiple disciplines (roadways, large commercial flat work, foundations and footings, walls, parking structures, etc.)
- Transportation to work
- Be flexible with working different shifts (days, nights) and working long hours during the summer months (70+ hours a week and nights during the summer months)
- Be able to carry 70 lbs. or more
- Be willing to do laborer and carpentry work and other responsibilities when finishing is not required.
Benefits / Pay
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- 401k retirement plan + 5% company matching
- Health Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth and Advancement
- Life Insurance
- Great company culture and parties
Associated topics: brick, foreman, masonry, mudjacker, pave, plasterer, sand, screed, shoveling sand, tile
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.