Website Renaissance Hotel - Denver
Renaissance Hotel – Denver
Salary starting at $50,000 per year.
The purpose of a Conference Services Manager is to plan, manage and organize the in-house details for large group and convention bookings (i.e. guest rooms, menus, themes, set-up, etc.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- -Participate in negotiating meetings/functions, rooms, rates and all related requirements. Ensure maximization of room and meeting space, revenues and profits, while delivering a quality guest experience.
-Create and communicate event resumes. Recommend and implement procedural changes and performs as team leader for all hotel department staff participating in the event delivery process.
-Plan, upsell and detail the program with the client including: verification and modification of space requirements, times, equipment, menus, decor.
-Evaluate guest needs and industry competitive set to implement product, service and operational changes necessary to ensure guest satisfaction and market dominance.
-Monitor client satisfaction scores in staff helpfulness, food quality and overall event while leading by influence to exceed brand benchmarks.
-Maintain a flexible schedule to accommodate client’s needs before and after events.
-Attends operational and client meetings to communicate event details including: BEO’s, pre-con’s, etc.
-Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time, and observes prescribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with standards.
-Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
-Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies not listed may be required for specific positions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Associate demonstrates ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT
- -Associate follows corporate and hotel brand standards.
-Willing to take an unpopular stand if necessary when complying with policies.
-Observes and adheres to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
- -Seeks out new assignments and assumes additional duties when necessary.
- -Identifies areas that would improve the operation and generates suggestions.
-Able to reach effective solutions, poses good questions, consults helpful resources, and does not stop at the first answer he/she comes across.
Associate demonstrates exemplary DEPENDABILITY / RELIABILITY
- -Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
-Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
- -Takes ownership of all work performed and communicated.
- -Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
-Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
- -Organizes resources, performs tasks, and coordinates with other functions to most effectively and efficiently perform work responsibilities and accomplish objectives on a timely basis.
-Manages assignments and responsibilities without becoming overwhelmed.
-Strives to increase productivity.
Associate demonstrates effective PROBLEM SOLVING
- -Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, using intuition and experience to complement data.
-Develops alternative solutions.
-Works well in group problem solving situations.
-Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Associate demonstrates WORKPLACE RESPECT to all associates
- -Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy and promotes a harassment-free environment.
-Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
Associate demonstrates effective ORAL /WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
- -Practices attentive and active listening with all employees.
-Actively participates in meetings, contributing ideas to improve the company.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
- -Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- -Personally demonstrates a commitment to customer service by anticipating and responding promptly to guest needs.
Associated topics: call center manager, customer care manager, customer service manager, expertise, gerente de servicio, guide, lead, manager, operations manager, product support
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.