Website Viking River Cruises
Founded in 1997, Viking is the world’s leading small ship travel company, exploring more than 20 rivers, five oceans, five great lakes and all seven continents. Offering destination-focused experiences for curious travelers, Viking has amassed more than 250 awards and was recently voted the #1 River Cruise Line and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line by Cond Nast Traveler in the publication’s 2021 Readers’ Choice Awards.
You now have an opportunity to join one of the most acclaimed and fastest-growing hospitality brands as it expands in the United States.
In summer2022, Viking will launch its new, highly-anticipated Mississippi River cruises and will introduce the most luxurious ship ever built for the river, the 386-guest Viking Mississippi . Sailing on board the elegant new ship, you will dock in the heart of iconic cities that line the river; during your free time, you will be just footsteps from exploring the fascinating places that stretch from New Orleans all the way north to St. Paul.
At Viking, we offer great pay and great benefits-including a Swiss-developed training program and a work schedule that provides up to 13 weeks off each year. With all of your living expenses covered during work weeks-including lodging, meals, Wi-Fi, travel to/from the ship, uniforms & laundry-you have the unique chance to save more of your pay than in most other restaurant or hospitality positions. Being a valued member of the Viking family, you join a close-knit, supportive group of colleagues-many of whom form lifelong working relationships and friendships. And, with training from the industry leader, you will receive the skills, knowledge and tools to be successful-as well as abundant opportunities for advancement. Regardless of where you are on your career journey, Viking can help you in reaching new destinations.
Multiple positions open for immediate hiring; earn up to $46,600annually
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- – The Pastry Cook oversees standard pastry preparations including creams, sponge cakes, basic dough’s, fillings; ice-cream, etc., ensuring that quality standards and procedures are in line with the Company’s Rules & Regulations and STAR Service Standards.
– You are required to have basic professional pastry skills.
– It is your responsibility to ensure safe, quality pastry production, to create a friendly, guest-oriented service culture to ensure Guest satisfaction and repeat business, which in turn, will increase revenue and profitability of the company.
- – Prepare pastry goods such as sponge cakes, basic dough’s, cream, fillings, etc.; hold basic professional baking/pastry skills.
– Ensure that menus, recipes, guidelines and methods provided by the relevant supervisor are followed accordingly; maintain the expected level of food quality in the area of responsibility, as per the relevant Supervisor’s instructions.
– Demonstrate the ability to work in any section assigned by the Executive Pastry Chef – the section can change at any given time for training purposes and/or in convenience to the operation.
– Ensure economical work practices and control food production to minimize and/or avoid wastage.
– Ensure that food preparations/storage are in line with all Public Health Policies and Company
Regulations and enforce & maintain “clean as you go” work habits.
- – Minimize equipment loss/damage, and maintain immaculate cleanliness standards in relevant areas, by applying safe working policies and procedures according to all Public Health Policies and ensuring that all equipment is sanitized and returned accordingly, after each use.
– Separate & remove garbage and place it in designated containers; clean garbage as often as needed, ensuring those separation procedures and all Public Health Standards are maintained.
Ensure mise-en-place for all areas of responsibility are prepared 15 minutes prior to service.
- – Participate in “The Daily Reunion” every day to understand your team’s operational needs and to ensure consistent adherence to Viking’s STAR Service Standards.
– Ensure you always wear the appropriate and task specific Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for your duties onboard. Always use correct lifting techniques to prevent injuries.
– Uphold impeccable grooming standards at all times by complying with Viking’s Image and Uniform Standards.
– Ensure that company property is appropriately secured and protected, especially during rough weather conditions, in order to prevent unnecessary loss or damage.
– Demonstrates outstanding flexibility: able to work at different times of the day, under pressure and reflect a positive can-do attitude and the best image of Viking at all times.
– Become knowledgeable about itinerary-related ports of call, shore excursions and shipboard activities such as events, entertainment and programs.
– Have strong motivation to achieve the company goals and objectives (quality and financial) for the Culinary Department.
– Have full knowledge about safety & security procedures and can operate in line with all Public Health, Environmental and Safety & Security Policies; participate in all training concerning onboard training, safety & security, fire prevention, evacuation exercises as required by the company.
– This document describes the primary activities, duties and responsibilities of this position. Your manager or supervisor may assign additional duties and responsibilities to you.
Associated topics: catering, chef, commercial kitchen, corporate kitchen, pizza chef, restaurant assistant chef, service, service manager, sous chef, sushi
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.