Facility located in Whiteville, TN
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Correctional Officer who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional, secure setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, security corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 secured facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- PAID Training Comprehensive training to start a successful career!
- A supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
- Change the lives of those in your care!
- Perform routine duties of a Correctional Officer in accordance with established policies, regulations, and procedures to maintain order and provide for the safety, security, care, and direct supervision of those in your care during all phases of activity in the facility.
- Responsible for maintaining order and security of inmates in a correctional facility.
- Able to work any shift, as you may be assigned to a variety of posts including, but not limited to, armory/key control, housing units, kitchen, medical, visitation, etc.
- CoreCivic recognizes your military service to qualify you for positions
requiring criminal justice experience.
- High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent required.
- Once hired, must complete pre-service correctional officer training and, where applicable, be a non-commissioned security officer licensed by the state of employment.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Demonstrate the ability to complete any required training.
- Must be available to work any hours, any shift.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled.
* Relocation approved by the receiving facility’s warden
* Must meet job qualifications of the receiving facility’s job position
* Must pass all background checks as required by the facility’s contract
* Relocation assistance is available during the specified period only
* One-year commitment to the CoreCivic-receiving facility
– Signed offer letter and employee/transfer contract required prior to relocation
* Cost to be monitored by the Business Manager at the receiving location
Household Goods Shipment
U-Haul billed to CCA
* Transferee will be issued a “Moving Help Certificate” based on the initial quote from U-Haul for rental expenses.
The certificate amount will be determined by a quote provided from U-Haul based on your
household size and the distance you are moving.
* Only eligible expenses will be covered by your certificate.
* May include towing of one auto & other specified equipment (i.e., dolly, furniture pads)
* Does NOT include expense for labor/movers.
* If you wish to utilize other services not covered by this agreement, you are responsible for payment of those services.
* If the quote for your eligible expenses exceeds $2,000, you will be responsible for the excess amount.
* From date of truck rental in departure city to date of truck return in receiving facility area
Mileage/days allowance determined by U-Haul standard allowance
* Requires pre-approval by the HR Manager of the receiving facility
Hotel Accommodations (temporary housing) at receiving location
Direct bill to CoreCivic if applicable
* Up to 7 total nights upon arrival at new location
* Hotel designated by CoreCivic:
* Temporary living expenses constitute taxable income, and applicable taxes equal to approximately 38.65% of
the hotel expense will be withheld from your paycheck as incurred. The taxable income and the
withholdings will be reported to you on your Form W-2.
Max. expense billed to CoreCivic: $1,000 (Transferee responsible for hotel expense exceeding $1,000)
Relocation Bonus **
* Relocation bonus of $1,500 (less applicable taxes) paid with the next bi-weekly paycheck following:
-Receipt of signed relocation/transfer (one-year) contract & within the payroll schedule guidelines**
** Please contact the Human Resource Manager for additional information.
Associated topics: correctional officer, detention, inmate, jail, jailer, parole officer, probation officer, prison, rehabilitation, rehabilitation center
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.