Website Seton Med Ctr Harker Heights
This position is responsible for assisting in the delivery of personalized, professional and quality patient care, internal and external customer service, performance of all Computerized Tomography (CT) examinations, transportation of patients to and from Imaging Services, preparation of all departmental paperwork, answering the department s telephone, scheduling of patients, entering and retrieving patient information from the Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS) and Hospital Information System (HIS) and maintaining the work area in a clean and organized manner.
- Personal Effectiveness – Meets established timelines; follows through to ensure completion of assigned objectives, seeks feedback to improve performance, and demonstrates a positive, can do attitude
- Innovation and change – Looks for opportunities to improve processes and services, makes an effort to learn and develop new skills, and is resourceful and enthusiastic in responding to new challenges
- Fostering Teamwork – Is open and honest in dealing with others, demonstrates commitment to team objectives, and sees challenges facing department and helps the team to address them
- Quality Services – Delivers high quality services to internal and external customers, accepts responsibility and takes action to address quality issues, and helps operations & services respond to the needs of caregivers
- Integrity – Adheres to a standard of ethical conduct that promotes trust and open communication, earns trust by living up to commitments, and can be counted on to keep confidences
- Maintains effective communication with medical staff, administrative staff, nursing staff and other team members.
- Assists the organization in incorporating the guiding principles into its radiology practice.
- Ascertains the delivery of patient care is provided in a personalized, professional and quality manner.
- Ascertains that Joint Commission, local, state and federal accrediting and licensing bodies requirements are met.
- Ascertains that the delivery of patient care is compliant with the accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Assists in the Quality Assurance / Improvement Program of Imaging Services.
- Performs quality control on equipment and notifies management immediately of any potential malfunction or hazard of equipment.
- Adheres to appropriate radiation safety, practicing the concept of As Low As Reasonably Achievable (ALARA).
- Explains CT procedure to the patient and/or family member in a thorough and professional manner.
- Performs CT procedures ascertaining appropriate imaging parameters (MAS, KVP, positioning, etc.) are utilized, providing physician with a quality diagnostic procedure.
- Enters and retrieves patient information from the Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS) in a proficient manner.
- Enters and retrieves patient information from the Hospital Information System (HIS) in a proficient manner.
- Provides minimal nursing care to patient, ascertaining the patient is comfortable in the department. Seeks additional nursing or physician assistance when necessary.
- Transports patients to and from Imaging Services ascertaining that the patient is relocated without injury or incident.
- Orders supplies for the division, ensuring that patient care is not interrupted.
- Prepares and maintains department paperwork, verifying accuracy of information.
- Ascertains that the delivery of patient care and billing are co
- A. Education/Skills/Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of required education to obtain registry by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Previous employment as a CT Technologist preferred.
- B. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) for Computerized Tomography (CT) preferred.
- Licensed by the Department of State Health Services Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification through the American Heart Association required.
Associated topics: licensed practical, licensed practical nurse, licensed vocational, licensed vocational nurse, lvn lpn, nurse ii, nurse lpn, nurses, practical nurse, vocational nurse
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.