Website Help at Home
Coastal Home Care/Help at Home is hiring a Developmental Disabilities Professional!
Coastal Home Care is now a part of the Help at Home family of companies. We are the nation s leading provider of high-quality support services to seniors and people with disabilities. Our clients need us more than ever to continue living independently in their own homes, while staying safe from high-risk facilities.
Coastal Home Care/Help at Home leads the home care industry in protecting our clients, caregivers and employees. We provide priority vaccine access, a ready supply of quality PPE, and up-to-date training.
We are currently seeking a Developmental Disabilities Professional (DDP) to coordinate and oversee services for our clients with developmental disabilities. Duties will include coordinating and monitoring all aspects of services by observing individuals, reviewing data and progress, and revising schedules to meet goals. The DDP will be present and participate in the development of all individual support plans and interventions. They will also ensure that their branch location and staff are compliant with all state and federal rules and regulations.
Work hours for this role are normally Monday – Friday 8:00AM – 5:00PM, but may vary to support business needs. The individual in this role must also have availability to be On-Call for caseload-related emergencies.
Coastal Home Care/Help at Home strives to be an employer of choice in your community and our employees are the foundation of our work. Eligible staff have the opportunity to enroll in a wide variety of benefit programs, along with lucrative bonuses in certain areas.
We offer a variety of in-depth training opportunities in order to provide our staff with the tools to be successful. Coastal Home Care/Help at Home also offers strong career path possibilities for those employees who are committed to growing within the organization.
- Coordinate and monitor all aspects of services by observing individuals, reviewing data and progress, and revising schedules, as needed, to meet goals
- Direct Scheduling Coordinators on staffing and scheduled care services
- Participate in the development of all Individual Support Plans and interventions
- Monitor progress of program plans, ensuring that monthly telephone calls and visits are made to each client s family in a timely manner
- Provide community resources to families, when requested or needed
- Work with the Staffing Coordinator to ensure proper caregivers are assigned to clients and that caregivers have been properly trained
- Respond to complaints of deficiencies in services
- Provide information updates to clients’ families and/or support coordination
- Address and document any issues and complaints
Documentation and Adherence to Regulations:
- Ensure proper documentation of services rendered
- Ensure that records remain confidential, correct and complete with necessary documents
- Obtain all required documents before starting services
- Ensure that all DMA-6 s and PAs are current and received prior to services being rendered
- Review and correct clients charts on an ongoing basis
- Ensure that support coordinators create addendums and ISPs in a timely manner
Interpersonal Skills and Work Productivity:
- Anticipate and resolve problems, while using best judgment
- Provide leadership in developing and implementing solutions
- Improve processes within department, while emphasizing quality and efficiency
- Report and/or follow up on incidents or accidents by providing input, documentation and resolution
- Bachelor s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Behavioral Health or a similar field
- 3 or more years of experience working with individuals with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities
- Must meet state DDP requirements
- Valid driver’s license
- Access to an insured and reliable vehicle
- Availability to work day shifts
- Availability to be On-Call for caseload-related emergencies
- Proficient computer skills
- Professional communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Developmental Disabilities Professionals must comply with state background screening requirements. Compensation, benefits, time off and bonuses vary by state and location, so please ask for complete details at your interview.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.