Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking (2) Development Product Owner I s (Mid-Level) for Policy Modernization. This position can work from the San Antonio, Phoenix, Tampa, Colorado Springs, Chesapeake office or 100% Remote Work Environment.
Represents business stakeholders to elicit, understand, analyze, document, refine and communicate business needs, so that business and/or technical delivery teams can build effective solutions. Utilizes a proficient understanding of customer needs, as well as business vision and strategy, to prioritize investment, business value and delivery. Works within multiple evolving development methodologies including iterative Agile and sequential Waterfall programs and projects, and variations thereof. Serves as the business requirements expert, engaging and managing the work of subject matter specialists from the business. Serves as the day to day decision maker and provides continual business guidance for the execution team. Prioritizes the execution team’s work so that it aligns with the sponsor’s/business executive’s strategies. Leads, manages or orchestrates activities for completion and proper documentation of business requirements and validating metrics as appropriate for methodology and Enterprise controls. Works with the business and IT delivery teams to identify and mitigate risks to include business operational risks. Escalates issues and develops and recommends appropriate solutions.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we’ve been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For , and we’ve ranked among Victory Media’s Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers – Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Works with different technologies (infrastructure, mobile, MSR-facing), and/or with vendor partnerships or software.
- Serves as a subject matter resource in a particular business or system domain, as necessary.
- Identifies, engages and influences business stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts.
- Works with business and Enterprise stakeholders to understand and validate business strategy and vision, and customer needs.
- Partners with sponsors, stakeholders, and IT to facilitate, define and document relevant business processes, gaining a proficient understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls for the improvement area.
- Serves as direct representative of the business with delivery teams, representing/reinforcing the customers’ perspective throughout the product realization cycle.
- Works with the business process owners to develop metrics to manage and track benefits, adoption and risks to operations.
- Assists with project level plans related to schedule, scope and resources.
- Leads, collaborates with, and motivates a cross-functional team of user experience partners, designers, business analysts, developers, testers and others to develop, execute and release in alignment with program and/or product roadmaps.
- Manages, prioritizes, and assesses the impact of all work items, such as new features, defects, etc., including providing the decision to create, fix or defer at the project level.
- Reviews, and when appropriate, accepts and prioritizes feedback and new requirements from stakeholder.
- Reviews and accepts or declines output of development to ensure specified acceptance criteria have been completed.
- Prepares the business for the change and arms them with tactics and metrics for benefits, adoption, and risk.
- Assists with coaching less experienced DPOs and team members
- Bachelor’s degree required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 or more years of relevant experience in process improvement, project delivery, business/requirements analysis or business operations/product line.
- Proficient knowledge with multiple technical software delivery methodologies (i.e., Agile, Waterfall).
- Proficient knowledge of Process Engineering methodologies and Change Management practices.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products and applicable databases.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Experience with Guidewire Policy Center configuration.
- Current DPO (mid-level) with 2+ years of experience working in P&C and working in a SAFe/Agile environment.
- 4+ years working with P&C Products in one or more areas such as Underwriting, State or Product Management, or Data/Analytics.
- Strong business acumen across Underwriting/Rating & Pricing for Auto and Renters.
- Completion of SAFe PO/PM and practical experience applying to business or IT solutions.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 9/16/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.