Diesel mechanics at Averitt are some of the most talented people in the entire company. And as with every position we offer you’ll be able to learn and grow as much as you want. When you apply as a diesel mechanic at Averitt, there’s no telling how far you’ll go.
Diesel Mechanic Job Description:
- Competitive pay making$29.85/hour – $33.05/hour (depending on experience)
- Wednesday – Saturday, 6:00pm- 6:30am
- Work on modern, low-mileage, private fleet equipment (Volvos and/or Freightliners with Cummins, Volvo and Detroit engines) in clean, safe shop facilities
- Provide bumper-to-bumper preventive maintenance service and/or repair to tractors, trailers and Toyota forklifts
- Use computers for diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Electrical troubleshooting; tire maintenance; minor transmission repair; brake and air conditioning system repair
- Recent graduates welcome!
Diesel Mechanic Benefits:
- $2,500 bonus for qualified mechanics ($1,250 after 90 and after 180 days)!
- Competitive pay based on how long you’re on the clock, not just how many hours you spend fixing an issue
- Raises evaluated every 90 days
- 4-day work week available (select locations)
- Paid time off including 8 paid holidays
- Most benefits are effective after 30 days
- Uniforms provided and routinely cleaned
- Excellent insurance coverage that includes medical, prescription, dental, vision and hearing starting as low as $88.90/week for family plans and $34.15/week for individual plans
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Profit Sharing plan allows you to share in the rewards of our efforts, with a portion of our profits given back to you as monthly direct deposits into your retirement account
- Referral rewards – cash bonuses for referrals
Ready to make a change? APPLY NOW to be an Averitt Diesel Mechanic!
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.