Now Hiring Healthcare Heroes!
Join our amazing team and #workwithpurpose
Status: Full-time or Part-Time
Shift: Various Shifts
Location: Bend Transitional Care- 900 NE 27th St. Bend, OR 97701
At with Avamere you join a team with a culture and mission to enhance the life of every person we serve. This is more than a job – it’s a place where our team members build lasting relationships with patients and residents, their families, and fellow team members!
We are dedicated to keeping our team members and residents safe. Download our flyer that shows our protocols and response to COVID-19 here.
- Free meals to all employees
- Tuition assistance
- Mentorship opportunities
- Employee assistance program featuring free counseling services, financial coaching, legal services and more
- Generous employee referral program
- Paid time off/sick leave (rolls over annually)
- 401K retirement plan with employer contributions
- Comprehensive benefits package with medical coverage, voluntary dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term disability, and AD&D coverage
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide assistance in all food functions for our residents as directed by the Dietary Supervisor.
- Set up, deliver and serve food as directed.
- Serve meals that are palatable, appetizing in appearance and in accordance with established portion control procedures, on a timely basis.
- Assist Cook in preparing meals and checking diet trays before distribution.
- Prepare kitchen, food and supplies for the next meal.
- Return clean utensils to proper storage areas and maintain a clean, dry work environment free of hazardous conditions or equipment.
- Assist in daily cleaning duties including sweeping, mopping, dishwashing, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, patience, enthusiasm, and a calm and cheerful environment.
- Must obtain Food Handler’s Card within 30 days of employment.
Located in the ultimate outdoor Oregon city lies Bend Transitional Care , a 54-bed skilled nursing community. Their services include: skilled nursing, rehabilitation, and respite care.
The team values quality care with a 4-star Medicare rating and a 5-star staffing rating. The American Health Care Association recognized Bend Transitional Care for quality care as part of the Quality Initiative Recognition Program .
Staff have a great connection with residents. “I feel like that’s why people work in skilled nursing – they have the opportunity to slow down and get to know their patients,” says Ashley Noble, Administrator. “Our staff get time to learn and grow with our patients.”
As part of the Avamere Family of Companies, the team is proud to be named one of Oregon’s most admired companies by the Portland Business Journal as they continually strive to enhance the life of every person they serve.
This position is subject to a collective bargaining agreement with the SEIU 503
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.