Come work for one of Oregon’s 2018 Most Admired Companies!
Full-Time Various Shifts Position
Avamere at Chestnut Lane is a Deaf and Deaf/Blind Community.
The ideal candidate will be someone proficient in ASL, or willing to learn ASL .
Avamere at Chestnut Lane
1219 NE 6th Street.
Gresham, OR 97030
The primary responsibility of this position is to plan, organize, develop and direct the Dietary department to assure that quality nutritional services are provided on a daily basis.
- Develop a written dietary plan of care for each resident, including goals or modifications, and participate in resident MDS’ to ensure their dietary needs are met.
- Plan, prepare and operate under the Food Services Department’s budget.
- Make daily rounds of food services personnel and to ensure that procedures are being followed.
- Manage the daily setup, preparation, delivery and food service.
- Serve meals that are palatable, appetizing in appearance and in accordance with established portion control procedures, on a timely basis.
- Oversee daily cleaning duties including sweeping, mopping, dishwashing, etc.
- Certified Dietary Manager or Registered Food Service Director.
- Fluency in ASL, or willing to learn ASL
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a dietary management role in a healthcare setting required.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, patience, enthusiasm, and a calm and cheerful environment.
OR: Overall Supervisions of the dietary service shall be assigned to a full time dietary service director who is a registered dietician or is a graduate of a dietetic technician training program (correspondence or classroom) approved by the American Dietetic Association or dietary management training approved by the American Dietary Manager Association.
WA: The nursing home must have sufficient support personnel capable of carrying out the functions of dietary services and must:
-If a qualified dietitian is not employed full-time as the food service manager the nursing home must employ a food service manager to serve as the director of food service.
-The food service manager means:
An individual who is a qualified dietitian; or An individual who has completed a dietetic technician or dietetic assistant training program, correspondence or classroom, approved by the American Dietetic Association/Dietary Manager Association
ID: Being a certified food protection manager who was shown proficient of required information through passing a test that is part of an accredited program.
CO: The administrator shall designate a dietician or person qualified by training and experience to be responsible for the dietary services Least stringent as does not specify so ok until CMS updates are implemented in September.
Just outside Portland, Oregon, you’ll find the only deaf and deafblind assisted living community in the nation, Avamere at Chestnut Lane. This passionate team has served seniors for over 17 years.
This unique senior community is catered specially for seniors who are deaf and deafblind. Many of the staff themselves are deaf and all communicate with American Sign Language (ASL). Read how the deaf find their voice at Avamere at Chestnut Lane in this featured blog article .
The Avamere at Chestnut Lane team proudly earned the 2020 Bronze Commitment to Quality Award and Pinnacle Quality Insight’s 2020 Customer Experience Award , exemplifying one of their core values, “quality that is obvious.”
Avamere at Chestnut Lane features 70 rooms and is conveniently located next to the local MAX station.
Associated topics: dairy, dietary, dietician, exercise, food, icf mr, nutrition, nutritional, swine, wic
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.