Website Freedom Financial Network
Freedom Financial Network is seeking a highly experienced and knowledgeable Director, Financial Planning & Analysis to join our rapidly scaling company as we continue our journey through a large scale digital transformation and growth strategy. In this position (within MST or PST zones), you will report to our VP, Finance. As Director, FP&A, you will lead all budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis efforts. Your thought leadership and intellectual horsepower will drive value with a particular focus on leading the Company’s annual planning and quarterly forecasting processes and strategic analysis. This is a very hands-on leadership role with high visibility at every level of the organization. You will be responsible for leading the efforts to scale our FP&A processes as we grow and face increasing business complexity.
The perfect candidate will bring a “Business Partner” mindset and thrive in an organization that is ready to disrupt the norm. If you are creative and passionate and want to work with like-minded people then you will LOVE Freedom Financial.
How you’ll contribute and make a meaningful impact:
– Lead corporate consolidation efforts for annual planning, monthly forecasting, and other critical finance processes
– Lead the maintenance and enhancement of Freedom Financial’s corporate model, including short and long term forecasts for income statement, balance sheet and cash flow.
– Lead the preparation of financial reporting deliverables to the Executive team and Board with analysis of business trends and drivers that explain forecast versus actuals variances.
– Serve as a trusted partner to the Strategic Finance team in preparing monthly executive financial updates, Board of Directors” presentations, KPI reporting, and investor updates.
– Drive the process for rationalizing corporate department investments (Headcount, OPEX spend, and CapEx) within the framework of both the annual and long-term operating plans.
– Lead the path for new processes and procedures to scale the business through continuous improvement, automation, forecasting and reporting tools.
– Proactively drive forward ad hoc strategic and operational projects as required.
This role is right for you if you are:
– Effective at project management, organization, prioritization, and execution of impactful initiatives.
– An independent, logical, and framework-based thinker with the ability to generate ideas and support them with analysis, data, and structured arguments
– A highly effective communicator/collaborator, with the ability to influence others as well as cultivate productive relationships.
– Comfortable in a fast-paced environment where you embrace ambiguity and get the right things done.
– Thrilled to be, and confident to thrive in a fast-paced growing organization.
– Action-oriented and full of energy for the things you see as challenging.
– Excited to bring a ‘whatever it takes” mindset to take on projects – no matter how big or small.
– Bachelor’s Degree with 7+ years working in FP&A and/or highly strategic role at a fast-moving and scaling technology, fintech, or financial services business a strong plus.
– Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills.
– Demonstrated experience thinking strategically about complex business problems, uncovering data-driven insights and creating actionable recommendations.
– Advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, or Google Docs/Sheets/Slides.
– Effective cross-functional communication in solving problems and addressing roadblocks along with a strong attention to detail.
– Passion for coaching and mentoring others.
– Expertise to manage projects to on-time completion with confidentiality and integrity.
– Ability to succeed in a collaborative, startup-paced environment.
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks don’t: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer’s financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, we’re passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.
Associated topics: audit, cfa, corporate banking, equity trading, expense, finance, financial, fiscal, invest, risk
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.