Website Texas Sterling Construction Company
Under direction of the Superintendent, t he Laborer serves in a support role to the Company’s other skilled trades. Laborers work on highway, construction projects, excavations, and demolition. They will be involved with the drilling, placing rebar, and pouring concrete of the shaft. Some workers habitually work in one branch of the industry, whereas others transferred from task to task as the project progresses to completion or according to the availability of work or on a seasonal basis.
Drilling Laborer Level I responsibilities and abilities include but are not limited to the list below. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in mixing chemicals to make drilling slurry.
- Crane, drill rig assembly, and disassembly.
- Change out drilling tools.
- Shovel work.
- Connecting, disconnecting and laying out slurry hoses.
- Securing rebar in drill shaft.
- Cleaning off top of drill shaft when pouring concrete is complete.
- Cleans work areas, tools, equipment, materials, etc.
- Lifts, carries, and holds building materials, tools, and supplies.
- Digs, spreads, levels dirt and gravel, using pick, rake, and shovel.
- Moving and transferring from job to job as projects progress and work is available.
- Works with other workers in a cooperative manner.
- Performs general labor work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 0-1 year of construction work experience.
- Reliable transportation to work.
- Work Safely.
- Be able to carry 70 lbs. or more.
- High School diploma/GED preferred.
- Willing to do general laborer work (e.g. Sweep, clean up job site, run errands, use hammer and saw, dig trenches, etc.)
- Willing to travel depend on business necessity.
- Flexible availability to work overtime and weekends.
Benefits / Pay
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- 401k retirement plan + 5% company matching
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Life Insurance, STD, LTD, HSA, FSA
We are an equal opportunity employer: We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, genetic information, marital status, military status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Associated topics: compressor, field, field service, field service technician, ncra, offshore, operation, refinery, repair, representative
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.