Website Frito-Lay North America
*Eligible for up to a $2500 sign-on bonus*
National Sign-on bonus available to candidates accepting an offer between May 17 through July 31, 2021. Paid out in equal parts after 90 & 180 days of active employment.
BFY Brands, the newest brand addition to Frito-Lay (and PepsiCo) has an opportunity for a Maintenance Mechanic to join the team. The successful candidate must have a “safety-first” mindset, be a self-motivated technical professional working with the maintenance team to support the operation, and service to all areas in the facility. This position will be responsible for and support operations, inspection, and maintenance processes to mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems. It also performs inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas, including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, and lighting; and provides troubleshooting and repairs of a wide range of equipment for the maintenance of the facility. The ideal candidate will ensure that the Facility and equipment are maintained at the highest performance level and will strive to minimizing cost, energy usage, and waste in accordance with health and safety regulations. This individual will possess excellent interpersonal skills and will interact and function effectively as an integral part of the Safety, Production, Quality, and Maintenance Team
Here is a list of some of the more *frequent* *tasks* you could expect to perform during the workday:
* Performance of ongoing preventive and repair response work orders on facility mechanical, electrical, plumbing and other installed systems, equipment, and other components.
* Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory client occupancy and operations.
* General interior maintenance – hang pictures, install keyboard trays, repair office furniture systems and repair doors.
* Assist the operations team in the maintenance and repair of building and equipment and/or as directed
* Moves office furniture, machinery, equipment and other materials as requested
* Repair mechanical pumps and rotative equipment and other equipment as requested.
* Repair doors.
* Clean HVAC coils, change filters and belts.
* Other tasks as assigned
The following are abilities and experiences that the ideal candidate will have:
* Experienced in all industrial safe practices, including Electrical Lock Out / Tag Out. Will make safety the priority in all activities
* Able to dismantle, repair, rebuild, clean, adjust, and calibrate mechanical components and systems and return them to operation.
* Experience in operation, troubleshooting, repair, and installation of equipment.
* Able to determine the most effective method to make repairs to production equipment and support systems to minimize the interruption of operation. Will advise supervision when an area of the facility needs immediate attention to prevent further damage.
* Experience in inspecting and assessing equipment for defects such as misalignment, wear, insufficient lubrication and misadjustment, and can perform repair and adjustment.
* Experience in basic welding and metal cutting skills; able to perform basic metal fabrication.
* Proven track record in working effectively within an integrated production and maintenance environment.
* Proficiency at performing and reporting out on assigned PM’s on equipment/systems.
Does this sound like the role for you? Join nearly 55,000 other Frito-Lay associates across the country that work hard to bring you the snacks you love by submitting your application today.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement.
Associated topics: alarm, capacitor, device, electrical, electrician, electricista, relay, repair, transformer, wire
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.