Website St. David's South Austin Medical Center
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At St. David’s South Austin Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) Emergency Department Registered Nurse and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
At St. David’s South Austin Medical Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Emergency Department Registered Nurse opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As an Emergency Department (ED) Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for performing assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients. You will collaborate with other healthcare disciplines to refine and achieve plans of care, and will continually monitor the patient s physical condition, emotional and social needs.
* You will perform patient assessments and reassessments on a regular basis
* You will perform a triage assessment with rapid data collection related to medical and traumatic emergencies
* You will assess injury causation and assure neglect or abuse is reported to the appropriate agency for intervention
* You will formulate a plan of care with interdisciplinary team members, including expected outcomes for each assigned patient
* You will properly verify, document, and administer medication
* You will provide health care teaching to patients and families along with appropriate documentation
* You will evaluate the patient s progression towards attainment of outcomes, and document the effectiveness of interventions
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Associate s degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited program
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David s Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) OR Advanced Life Support (ALS) certification per St. David s Healthcare policy
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) OR Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENCP) certification per St. David s Healthcare policy
* Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) certification per St. David s Healthcare policy
St. David s South Austin Medical Center is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area s only adult bone marrow transplant program and Level II trauma center. The facility s full range of specialized services includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women s services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David s South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits St. David s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Good people beget good people.”
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Emergency Department Registered Nurse opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: ambulatory, care, intensive care unit, maternal, nurse, nurse clinical, nurse rn, psychatric, transitional, unit
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.