Website St. David's North Austin Medical Center
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At St. David’s North Austin Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as an Emergency Department Registered Nurse Part Time and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
At St. David’s North Austin Medical Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Emergency Department Registered Nurse Part Time opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As an Emergency Department (ED) Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for performing assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients. You will collaborate with other healthcare disciplines to refine and achieve plans of care, and will continually monitor the patient s physical condition, emotional and social needs.
* You will perform patient assessments and reassessments on a regular basis
* You will perform a triage assessment with rapid data collection related to medical and traumatic emergencies
* You will assess injury causation and assure neglect or abuse is reported to the appropriate agency for intervention
* You will formulate a plan of care with interdisciplinary team members, including expected outcomes for each assigned patient
* You will properly verify, document, and administer medication
* You will provide health care teaching to patients and families along with appropriate documentation
* You will evaluate the patient s progression towards attainment of outcomes, and document the effectiveness of interventions
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Associate s degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited program AND/OR current enrollment in an Alternate Entry Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program or higher level education
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David s Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) OR Advanced Life Support (ALS) certification per St. David s Healthcare policy required within 6 months of hire
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) OR Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENCP) certification preferred
* Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) certification preferred
St.David s North Austin Medical Center is a multi-specialty hospital in Texas withmore than 360 beds. The facility is home to St. David s Children s Hospital, St. David s Women sCenter of Texas featuring a Level III NICU, a Kidney Transplant Center, and the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. Additional servicesoffered at this medical center include 24-hour emergency care, heart and vascular care, neurology andneurosurgery, rehabilitation services, and inpatient and outpatient surgery.
St. David s North Austin Medical Center is part of St. David s HealthCare, which is oneof the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St.David s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and twolocal non-profits St. David s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for thedelivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Good people beget good people.”
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Emergency Department Registered Nurse Part Time opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: care, care unit, domiciliary, infusion, intensive care, maternal, mhb, recovery, registered nurse, unit
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.