Website Las Palmas Medical Center
Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at Las Palmas Medical Center have the opportunity to make a real impact. As a(an) Employee Health Registered Nurse you can be a part of change.
Las Palmas Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an) Employee Health Registered Nurse. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Assists the Director with the overall Employee Health Programs including surveillance, reporting and regulatory preparedness. Assists with the clinical aspects of the Employee Health Program, including pre-employment processing, occupational health testing and surveillance.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- B.S.N. or A.D.N. required. BSN or MSN preferred
- Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state required. Certification in Occupational Health (COHN) is preferred as employee becomes eligible to test for it after 2 years active experience.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- 2 years experience in acute care setting required.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
1. Effective written and oral communication skills as evidenced by:
- Teaching, counseling and participation in presentation required
- Ability to deal tactfully and communicate effectively with persons of diverse educational and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to conduct effective meetings.
- Ability to deal with people in stressful situations
- Excellent oral presentation skills
- Courteous telephone manners.
- Greets and interacts with all customers appropriately and in accordance with mission, vision and values
2. Organizational skills and ability to set priorities is essential.
3. Follows through on projects.
4. Ability to work with minimum supervision. Individual proceeds in his/her own initiative in compliance with policies, procedures, guidelines and practices prescribed by the Employee Health and Safety Manager.
5. Demonstrates flexibility to reprioritize activities due to constant interruptions.
6. Basic knowledge of OSHA law, FMLA, and ADA.
7. Basic computer skills required (i.e. use of database, word processor, email, etc.)
8. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with physicians, attorneys, department directors, staff, Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare and all customers.
Las Palmas Medical Center is a 300+ bed full-service hospital in El Paso. It is home to the region s only kidney transplant center. The facility offers a range of services including emergency care with a Level III trauma center, cardiac care, women s services, pediatric care and NICU, cancer care, and more. Las Palmas Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it.”
Be a part of an organization that leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Employee Health Registered Nurse opening. Submit your application today and help advance the practice of nursing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: ambulatory, cardiothoracic, care, ccu, coronary, intensive care, nurse, nurse clinical, registed, tcu
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.