Macy s is proudly America s Department Store. There s a reason we ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy s is also known for giving back to our communities.
The magic of Macy s ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy s (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy s top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy s. Macy s stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy s is the Academy for retail careers.
*Store colleague* position (whether it s a seasonal job, part-time retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a career in the world of retail. Many of Macy s top executives started their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent college graduates into our development programs in the various functions at Macy s.
The Engineer is responsible for maintaining the physical structure and equipment of the store is in good working order. Other responsibilities include performing preventative maintenance and emergency, corrective and routine repairs in electrical, mechanical, fire/life safety, plumbing, and HVAC equipment. Maintain effective communication with the Chief Engineer and Store Management. Perform other duties as assigned.
* Maintain HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire/life safety systems and associated equipment to maximize efficiency levels.
* Perform emergency, corrective and routine repairs of HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire/life safety systems and associated equipment.
* Perform preventive maintenance on equipment and systems per the schedule.
* Maintain routine records of all inspections, preventive maintenance and repairs performed on any equipment or system to ensure compliance with state and federal agencies and local fire marshal regulations.
* Maintain EPA Universal Certification and knowledge of all current legislation and requirements as they relate to the EPA Regulations and the South Coast Air Quality District Regulations pertaining to CFC and refrigerant handling laws.
* Work day, evening, night, weekends, and as required by emergency situations when directed by the Chief Engineer, Regional Facilities Director or Sr. Mgr Facilities.
* Follows shortage programs and procedures.
* Dependable attendance and punctuality.
*Qualifications and Competencies:*
* No Education Required
* 1-2 years related experience
* Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
* Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
* Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
* Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
* Minimum of two years of related experience. In-depth knowledge of HVAC systems is preferred with EPA certification and license.
* Strong knowledge and experience in electrical systems, plumbing, mechanical equipment and the maintenance of this equipment.
* Must possess a working knowledge of personnel safety and safety engineering codes.
* May support one or more locations, and regularly travel between stores/buildings.
* Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
* May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, color vision and climbing ladders
* Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs
*This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company s obligations under *[SFPC Art. 49]( here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company s obligations under *[LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9]( here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Company s obligations under *[PC Ch. 9-3500]( here.*
Associated topics: adapter, bsee, circuit, design, dsp, electric, electrical, plc, rf, stationary engineer
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.