Website G&W Electric
The New Product Development Engineering Manager is responsible for managing the design of new products for manufacturing at G&W Electric Co. This work includes leading projects and a team of Engineers to design new to the world products that will allow G&W Electric Co. to expand on its product offerings and deliver world-class solutions to its customers.
- Management of multi-facility global design teams in a Stage-Gate process.
- Guide, coach and mentor project and functional based engineering team.
- Preparation and monitoring of project budgets in the area of responsibility.
- Ensure departmental project designs meet requirements of specification and standards while promoting error-proof assembly. Responsible for coordination with specification writers to ensure project feasibility.
- Ensure engineering team utilize Lean design and manufacturing processes and follow good design control practices.
- Deliver innovative designs that meet profit, cost, quality, and time-to-market metrics.
- Oversee validation and testing of components/system or assemblies as required in the development and approval process.
- Ensure designs follow established procedures for the creation and maintenance of CAD databases and libraries including final approval of applicable drawings.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks to the project.
- Development of test plan creation based on D/PFMEA and in line with project specifications, industry standards, and G&W reliability and validation requirements.
- Work with third-party vendors and/or partners to develop high-quality, lowest-cost design options.
- Prepare written documentation of processes, material requirements, test results, and project activity as required. Create/revise G&W standards as needed.
- Continuously improve engineering processes including DFX, project and product costs, quality, and project lead times.
- Participate in industry organizations (associations, standards committees, etc) to stay informed of and to influence industry activities.
- Provide Engineering support to Sales/Marketing and Manufacturing on new and existing products and processes. Help to train departmental teams on the application and customer use of G&W products.
- Develop direct reports work skills to improve department quality, throughput and to reduce scrap/rework. Work with individuals regarding company competencies and personal growth plans.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Power Engineering
- 8+ years of progressive experience in Engineering design and/or development leading highly technical and innovative projects.
- Project management, team management, root-cause analysis, and computer analysis programs
- Experience with Medium/high voltage electrical power systems
- Experience leading and reviewing DFMEA, PFMEA, and PPAP process and documents
- Experience developing projects within a Stage-Gate Process
- Proven experience with computers; Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, or equivalents.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong technical knowledge in the following categories per discipline:
- Mechanical: Molded Components and polycarbonate housings or Mechanism Design, castings, and metal fabricated parts.
- Electrical: Current and Voltage Sensors, Power Systems (Protection, System Analysis, and System Fault Response)
- Demonstrated ability to write/edit technical documents; test reports, engineering standards, industry technical papers.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- General Office Environment, PC use
- Light Lifting (occasional 25 lbs or less)
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.