Website Vail Mountain
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Bell Staff has a primary focus on providing courteous, efficient, and knowledgeable service to all guests visiting or staying at our resort.They are to be prompt with luggage assistance and prepared for any incoming tours or groups. Equally as important, they are here to have some fun too!
The Bell Staff responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- – Act as an ambassador to our guests and be able to create a positive first experience as well as last when they depart
– Expected to assist as guests drive up with car doors and luggage needs
– Accompanies guests to room with luggage
– Provides information to guests on all facilities and activities
– Explains operation of equipment in guestrooms such as heater controls, ceiling fans, wifi.
– Performs room checks for occupancy
– Completes room moves for the guest
– Stores luggage for guests
– Handles receiving and delivering of guest packages
– Keeps supplies stocked at bell desks
– Pick up and deliver guest laundry
– Provides room service for liquor and ice
– Maintain cleanliness of bell desk, bell closet and vehicles
– Other duties as assigned
The Bell Staff position asks that any candidate be able to demonstrate the following skills or experience:
- – Valid US driver’s license – Required
– Fluent in speaking, reading and writing English – Required
– Strong communication skills – Required
– Ability to perform well under pressure – Required
– Friendly, courteous, engaging and passionate – Required
– The ability to relate well to guests and employees – Required
– Bell/Guest service experience – Preferred
– Strong working knowledge of computers – Preferred
– Cash handling – Preferred
The budgeted range starts at 9.31-10.80 + Tips. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- – Free ski passes for employees
– 401(k) retirement plan
– Accrued Sick Time
– Discount lift tickets for friends and family
– Free ski lessons
– Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
– Discounted bike haul & golf
– Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- – Critical Illness and Accident plans
– Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
– Free ski passes for dependents
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 284570
Associated topics: bell, bell attendant, door attendant, hotel, kings, lobby, lodge, madison, reservations, vip
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.