Website Cavco Industries
We are looking for home production team members to join us at the new Cavco Park Models & Cabins Park Aldea plant in Glendale, Arizona!
New Plant Fast Facts
- Brand New Building and Facilities
- Climate Controlled Indoor Manufacturing
- State of the Art Tools and Equipment
- On-Site Lunchroom with Micro-Market, Fresh Food, Snacks & Drinks
- Personal Storage Lockers
What We Build
We are a national leader in the design, production and installation of park models, cabins and specialty products.
Thank you for your interest in joining us at the New Cavco Park Aldea Plant in Glendale, AZ!
The New Cavco Park Models & Cabins plant is located in the Park Aldea Industrial Park in Glendale, Arizona across from the State Farm Stadium and Westgate Shopping Center
ABOUT THE ROLE
Production employees build the industry leading homes and components for each of our unique Cavco brands. Production employees follow specified engineering and safety processes that maximize the efficient manufacturing and construction of high-quality products for our customers.
Line assemblers follow work orders and instructions in order to accurately and efficiently prepare and assemble building components based on assigned production area (construction worker, welder, electrician, drywaller, painter, forklift operator, stocker, etc.). The line assembler works independently executing specific process steps under continuous quality review and coaching as needed. Technician line assemblers are entry level employees undergoing training or development and generally have 0-12 months of experience in the position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works in a safe manner following all safety policies while performing job duties.
- Maintains open communication with supervisor regarding safety concerns and assembly of building components.
- Follows work orders and instructions in order to accurately and efficiently prepare and assemble building components based on assigned production area (construction worker, welder, electrician, drywaller, painter, forklift operator, stocker, etc.).
- Some of the specific responsibilities for the various production areas include but are not limited to:
- Construction Worker and Welder- Preparation and assembly of various building components and materials.
- Electrician – Prepare framing for wiring and install wiring, receptacles, pull down bars, fasteners, leno sheets, and breaker boxes.
- Drywaller Tape drywall seams, mix and apply mud to taped drywall seams, apply vapor barrier and texturing material using spray gun, apply texturing design, and clean and maintain equipment.
- Painter Erect scaffolding or set up ladders to perform tasks above ground level, remove any exposed fixtures and/or additional items in work area prior to performing work, prepare surfaces for painting, hand sand as needed, apply coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel or lacquer.
- Forklift operator Keep forklift operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventative maintenance, and calling for repairs; Retrieves supplies and materials, secures pallets on truck, moves pallet to production location.
- Stocker – Keep work area safe by promptly handling any spills and removing and properly disposing of any trash such as plastic wrap, plastic ties, pieces of wood or any other debris; Move pallets and materials to designated areas; Break down vendor pallets and separates products for different departments; Assist other employees or vendors with loading and off-loading materials as needed.
- May be cross trained across various line assembler duties to ensure job knowledge progression and a balanced work force.
- Meets weekly production goals per assigned production supervisor or team lead.
- Maintains a good attendance record and proactively communicates and coordinates with supervisors regarding attendance.
- Maintains and keeps tools, machinery, and work area clean and organized.
- Performs various other job duties as assigned and needed.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- This is a physically demanding job requiring the ability to lift 40+ pounds, to grip, work over head, pull at chest height, bend, stand, walk, kneel, crawl, push, pull, reach, climb and carry various materials and equipment.
- High school diploma and experience in one or more of the relevant production areas is preferred (construction, welder, electrician, drywaller, painter, forklift operator, stocker ).
- Realizing the technician line assembler is an entry level training role, preferred qualifications by production area include:
- Construction worker, Drywaller, and Stocker Construction or warehouse experience preferred along with skill in the operation and control of hand tools (tape measure, hammer, utility knife, etc.) and power tools (circular saws, table saws, drills, etc.).
- Welder 1-2 years of welding experience highly preferred. Electrician – Knowledge of electrical circuits, wiring, electrical construction and operating principles of motors.
- Painter – 1-2 years of painting experience preferred with knowledge of commercial painting equipment and techniques.
- Forklift operator – 1-2 years of experience operating a forklift in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to work in a team, to be trained, and take direction.
- Flexible to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Not afraid to get dirty and handle tools/equipment daily.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Associated topics: assemble, assembler, assembly, installation, reassemble, re assemble
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.