Are you an experienced Executive Assistant (EA) ready to work with a fun, global team committed to doing great things for their customers? Amazon Web Services (AWS) Safety Engineering team is seeking an exceptionally organized, positive, multi-tasking, self-motivated, and customer obsessed EA who will provide full administrative support to a busy Director and his global team. Maximum impact, performance, and fun are all part of the job description!
As a support and business partner for the AWS Safety Engineering crew, this role encompasses everything from managing complex calendars, to working with internal and external customers, to working on special projects, to maximizing time efficiency, and working closely with other EAs within AWS and throughout Amazon. The position will manage critical meetings in a fast-paced environment and continuously seek new opportunities to make the Directors, GMs, and their teams more efficient.
Our ideal EA candidate is organized, innovative, knowledgeable, level-headed, and forward-thinking when it comes to ensuring smooth operations. The position requires the capacity to work successfully in a team environment as well as attention to detail, efficient organizational skills, and the ability to meet tight deadlines. We are in need of someone that is ready to be a business partner and balance the needs of a growing, global team. The ideal candidate will be able to handle ever-shifting priorities with grace, professionalism, and a positive attitude while keeping the train on it’s tracks all the while!
We pride ourselves on being the world’s most customer-centric company, and the sophisticated demands of our customers mean that you will need to be flexible and able to change direction at a moment’s notice. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information is a must, and professionalism in dealing with executives inside and outside the company is key. The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take effective action without having to know the total picture. Some flex hours may be required at times due to the global nature of the team.
Key Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Proactively manage executives’ complex calendars with attention to accuracy, detail, and allocation of time to promote productivity and recognize the need to reprioritize as appropriate.
* Travel coordination, domestic and international. Create detailed travel itineraries and coordinate with in-house travel agents to ensure smooth transitions between time zones; manage international travel processes including passport, visas, and any other applicable documentation.
* Organize and manage meetings (may include setting agendas and driving follow-up of action items), off-sites, and team-based social events, with associated budgets and logistics.
* Process expense reports and invoices as needed.
* Act as liaison between the directors and their directs and associated teams.
* Work in partnership with org leaders, functional business partners (e.g., Finance, HR) and other EAs to provide seamless support to the directors and teams.
* Understand the business priorities and identify process improvements to create efficiency and scale for the directors and their leadership teams.
* Tracking and driving completion of key deliverables and follow-up on outstanding items.
* Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting various documents and correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the directors’ ability to effectively lead their teams.
* Support annual operational planning process, business planning and performance review cycles.
* Special projects as assigned.
* High school or equivalent diploma
* 5+ years of experience assisting at the executive level
* Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Visio
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.