Website Wallick Communities
Wallick Communities, founded in 1966, is a diversified organization specializing in the development, construction and management of affordable multi-family housing and senior living communities including memory care.
Wallick is currently seeking a qualified Facilities Technician role at the Brownstone Apartments, Indianapolis, IN . This position is responsible for the work orders and maintenance at this community. There is a $1000.00 sign on bonus after 90 days of employment.
Wallick Mission : Opening doors to homes, opportunity, and hope.
Wallick Values: Our V alues flow directly from our Mission and set the expectation for how all associates work together . The se values are:
Position Summary: Complete specific maintenance functions per the direction of the Maintenance Manager.
- Minimum 2-4 years previous maintenance experience, preferably in residential housing.
- Able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of apartment maintenance functions.
- Solid customer service skills.
- Basic knowledge of applicable laws governing residential housing preferred.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license.
- Must provide own basic tools.
- Proficiency with operating a smart phone.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Execute various site maintenance projects as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Execute unit turns within as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Responsible for the timely completion of work orders within the district.
- Responsible for emergency maintenance response within the district.
- Maintain specific levels of certification as required for the position.
- Responsible to maintain the communities within the district to Company standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Adaptability and Flexibility – must be open to various work assignments and locations
- Detail Orientation – ability to pay close attention to detail to prevent mistakes
- Maintenance and Mechanical A ptitude – working knowledge of electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and inventory cost control, as well as a willingness to learn and advance with the maintenance profession
- Problem Solving – identifies areas of improvement and analysis and priorities responses
- Time management – able to organize and manage multiple priorities, uses his/her time effectively and effi ciently, and concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities.
Physical Demands: Position requires extensive walking, stooping/bending, balancing, kneeling, squatting, and climbing. Requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Requires talking, seeing and hearing with reasonable accommodation.
Work Environment: Travel between communities within the district may be required. Position requires work to be performed both indoors and outside. Position may include after-hours emergency response. Inside working conditions are often inside a residence within the community, in the common area, or in the designated maintenance shop area.
Associated topics: automotive, customer service, field service, machine maintenance, machine repair, maintenance, maintenance technician, malfunction, mechanical, upgrade
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.