Website Arrow Electronics
Field Application Engineer
Are you a self-starter? Do you think different? At Arrow Electronics, our values system empowers our employees to develop and thrive in a supportive, collaborative, professional, global, and rewarding working environment. We embrace change and continuous improvement, driving both to the mutual benefit of our clients and ourselves. We are looking for like-minded people who can share our passion for success
As a Field Application Engineer, you will engage with clients to create technical solutions while identifying and building new business using your engineering expertise.
What You ll Be Doing
- Responsible for utilizing an advanced understanding of the customer needs and technical leadership expertise to champion return on engineering investment.
- Participate as technical lead on large, complex customer engagements involving broad, system solutions and identify and drive demand creation by maximizing Arrow content on designs.
- Partner with the sales team across pre-and post-sales activities, providing advanced technical support and consulting to promote demand creation. Champion return on engineering investment, design win priorities, initiatives, and promotions by obtaining buy-in and support from sales. Provide technical leadership to the branch, customers, and suppliers shaping strategy and guiding technical direction/priorities.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of supplier technologies and how those technologies relate to market needs, including vertical segmentation. Position Arrow s differential value proposition, supplier technologies, as well as, competitor technologies. Possess a complete knowledge of products and full knowledge of entire scope of assigned lines. Has sound product knowledge of Arrow's line card. Attend supplier trainings.
- Manage supplier and customer expectations by building and developing relationships with senior level decision makers, keeping stakeholders up-to-date on activities, plans, and progressing towards initiatives. Deepen and broaden connections with key decision makers within suppliers and customers.
- Attend and actively participate in strategic branch meetings and QBR. Use ROI concepts for making strategic business plans and decisions. Develop and drive strategic technical plans by supplier line or customer solutions. Successfully create, organize and conduct engineering customer events or conference or engineering training. Support design services initiatives.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related degree and 2+ years of related work experience.
- Hardware/System Design experience and/or electromechanical experience
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products/services or processes
- Often leads the work of project teams; may formally train junior staff
- PCB assembly design and/or Embedded Development experience desired.
What We Offer at Arrow:
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and work-life balance, we offer benefits to match your needs:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- And more!
Not ready to apply just yet? Join our Talent Community!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)
Annual Hiring Range/Hourly Rate:
$117,000.00 – $143,000.00
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. The pay ratio between base pay and target incentive (if applicable) will be finalized at offer.
US-MI-Plymouth, Michigan (Helm St)
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)
Associated topics: .net, algorithm, develop, developer, devops, perl, programming, sde, software engineer, software programmer
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.