Website UT Health East Texas
- Provides and coordinates direct care to patients based on the nursing process and according to the clinical standards of the hospital.
- Safely and independently administers prescribed treatments, medications, and nursing interventions based on assessment and plan of care.
- Appropriately organizes and prioritizes time based on patient condition and expected workload.
- Identifies changes in patient status and acts accordingly. Knows and can activate resources to achieve outcomes for patients.
- Seeks mentoring and coaching from the RN as needed.
- Identifies and communicates individualized patient needs for inter-shift report and transfer/discharge.
- Includes patient/family in planning. Collaborates with all disciplines in evaluation of patient progress.
- Appropriately and correctly documents the patient response to interventions and progress toward outcomes. Identifies and documents variances from pathway or plan of care.
- Seeks learning opportunities and resources beyond own work environment and incorporates into practice the new knowledge and skills acquired
- Promotes an environment conducive to professional practice, interdisciplinary collaboration, and patient and staff safety.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing (GN) obtained prior to start date or job transfer date is required-OR-Temporary or Current Registered Nurse (RN) license to practice in the state of Texas is required or must be obtained prior to hire or job transfer date
- BLS or CPR is required from the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Comply with regulatory requirements, guidelines, and policies
- Patient Centered Customer Service: Genuinely care about people.
- Cultivate a compassionate environment: Changing lives for the better together
- Clinical and Operational Excellence: A relentless drive to be the best.
- Holistic Approach: Think and act for the benefit of the whole.
- Promote a collaborative environment: Build effective working relationships with others.
- Identify and Develop Talent: Prepare others to deliver excellence.
- Business Acumen: Know, own and drive our business.
- Continually Simplify and Improve: Work to make everything as efficient as possible.
- Foster Innovation: Seek and apply leading edge solutions.
- Set Clear Direction: Tell others where you are going, how to get there and why.
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time while completing work on a computer
- Ability to lift 10 or more pounds
- Ability to move throughout the workplace
Associated topics: asn, care, ccu, infusion, maternal, neonatal, nurse, psychatric, recovery, tcu
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.